Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning Accents

Hi everyone.

My school is putting on a play, Brigadoon. I don't know if you guys are familiar with Brigadoon, but it's based on a magical Scottish town.
    I wasn't too sure of the history of Scotland, or of the difference between the pronounciaton of English in Scotland and English in America, so I wanted to know if there was anyone who might be able to help me.

If anyone (preferable someone who knows about the pronunciation of letters) could email me, giving me their explanation and opinions on the Scottish version of English, that would be very helpful to me.

Also, if there are any text/picture websites that might aid in the learning of Scottish accents on English, that would be very helpful. Thanks for your time!

LifenotTaken.
    Last edited by admin; 16th April 2013, 07:48. Reason: removed email address

We have given lots of advice on Scots accents on this forum! Just scroll down and read some of the earlier requests - there is a wealth of information about pronounciation, specific words, actors/actresses to study... Lots and lots.... If you don't find what you need in those earlier questions (but somehow I find that hard to believe!) then ask any specific questions you may have and those of us who are Scots (not so many of us in reality) will endeavour to help!
    Last edited by admin; 16th April 2013, 07:48.

Comment

Learning Accents

Thanks! I didn't realize that there were other specific posts on the subject of overall accents. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X