Stevenson's "nicht"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScabbyDouglas
    "By admitting that you have not read the Phonetics website you are admitting that you are prejudiced."
    What utter pish.
    I didn't go and read your very helpful link on phonetics because I studied linguistics as part of a degree course on speech therapy. One of the major problems in using phonetic symbols to represent speech is that they mean nothing to the typical non-techical person. And I wouldn't expect anyone to read a lengthy explanation on phonetics when I could answer the question in fairly straightforward layman's terminology.
    I have no problem with the links you posted, Rainy, old pal. However your attitude does leave something to be desired.
    Furthermore, having gone and looked at the pages you linked to on phonetics, I'm astounded that you even volunteered them as being in any way relevant to the original enquiry. It was nothing to do with what was asked, but rather it was about some personal monomania of your own.
    Keep taking the tablets.
    [Edited by ScabbyDouglas on 20th November 2004 at 00:53]

I am so happy that you have no problem with the links I posted. Delighted really, pal!

Comment

"It's similar to the sound you will hear in "Loch""

Not as pronounced in the Central Belt these days!

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
      "In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

Working...
      X