Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaelic pronunciation and baby name enquiry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaelic pronunciation and baby name enquiry!

Hi everyone,
    I'd just like to know how to pronounce the name Aingelag? I believe it means Angel? My partner is scottish and was born in Dumfries and Galloway. His mother's family (his grandmother) originate from the Isle of Lewis and were Gaelic speakers. Can anyone suggest any baby names, male or female that would be suitable regarding his background? He is red haired (I know colours can be included in names), and very spiritual. He loves nature so anything along these lines would be great! His name is John. Thanks!

John is translated as ╠ain [ee-ayn]
    Ruadh [Rouy] means redhaired
    Personnaly I do love the names Eilidh[Helen] [Ey-lee]) and Domhnuill[Donald] [Dauwnill]
    Anam Ceilteach

Comment

Well I don't know if you weren't thaught how to say thank you in your mother tounge, maybe it's not a custom in yer language, but anyway it is in English and Swedish, GÓidhlig and every other language I do speak, just to let you know, I know how to say thank you in 45 languages, and also how to introduce me self and I doubt that you're not speaking any of those languages!
      Anam Ceilteach

Comment

Thank you thank you! I wasn't being rude, I just don't have regular access to the internet as I rely on the college computers and have been off college ill this week. Sorry. I appreciate your help :-)

Comment

It's ok. actually it was I who was a little bit rude, everyone acted as if they were dead, so I went mad... Hope I didn't made you think that I'm a mad, and mean person...
          Anam Ceilteach

Comment

Working...
          X