Studies on Gaelic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies on Gaelic

Hi, I'm a student coming from Montreal, Canada. I would like to get some information about the scottish language. I'm working on a linguistic project and I choose to work on gaelic from SCOTLAND. It is really hard to find information about phonology, syntax, vocabulary in scottish. I've found a lot about welsh and irish, but it's not what i want.... Can anyone help me???!!! I'm getting pretty desperate. And just to be more specified, i need to compare the scottish with french.....
    Thanks....
    Blume

Originally posted by Blume
    Hi, I'm a student coming from Montreal, Canada. I would like to get some information about the scottish language. I'm working on a linguistic project and I choose to work on gaelic from SCOTLAND. It is really hard to find information about phonology, syntax, vocabulary in scottish. I've found a lot about welsh and irish, but it's not what i want.... Can anyone help me???!!! I'm getting pretty desperate. And just to be more specified, i need to compare the scottish with french.....
    Thanks....
    Blume

Try searching the Sabhal Mr Ostaig website. Much of it is in Gaelic, but there are lots of stuff on grammar etc.

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk

Comment

Hi, I am from Texas. I am also studing the Gaelic launguage. I am ordering a Scottish Gaelic - English dictionary. There are some on the internet you can use for free.
      Thank you,
      Garland

Comment

I bought Teach Yourself Gaelic by Roderick Mackinnon and I'd highly recommend it to beginners.Cost under $10.00 U.S. dollars-pronunciation guide thru out the texts which helps alot.Its assumed you have no knowledge of Gaelic and within 35 graded lessons you have reached the elvel of the Scottish Certificate of Education Learners "O" Grade exam in Gaelic.

Beannachd leibh,Scot

Comment

Working...
        X