Translation help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation help, please

hello there, I was hoping to translate this phrase into celtic.....I am my brother's keeper. I am also looking for more celtic words and their meanings. I love the language, but resources around here are very slim. And I have already purchased two books off of the internet that do not help very much. I would just love a simple English/ Celtic Celtic/ English book. I have seen several books out there like that, but none for the scottish/ celtic language. Very disheartening. Well, thank you for the time, take care all.

Clayton.

Hello, Clayton, and welcome to Scotland.com. I can't help you with the phrase, I'm afraid, but I am sure someone else will be along shortly!

Now -I am not sure why there should be a problem finding the boook or dictionary you want, but you should bear in mind that "Celtic" languages include Scottish Gaelic, Welsh, Irish Gaelic, Manx, Cornish, ...., so if looking for a book on Scottish Gaelic, it might be best to search for "Gaelic " or "Gaidhlig". I am sure some online booksellers will stock books that you would like.

In the meantime, here is a site where you can search online dictionaries in Scottish Gaelic and a couple of other languages. Have fun!

http://www.ceantar.org/Dicts/search.html

Comment

Translation help.

Thank you very much, Celyn. I am truly getting to enjoy this site. It has a lot of fun stuff to it. I would also like to find a scottish pen pal between the ages of 20 to 30. I think I will browse this site a little more. heh. Once again, thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X