Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving furniture from London to Scotland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving furniture from London to Scotland?

Hi,

I need to send some of my mothers furniture from London to her house in Scotland and was wondering what the best/cheapest way of doing this would be? I've had a few quotes but they are quite high. I did also come across a delivery auction web site which had some really low quotes, but I've never used one before so I'm not sure. Any advise would be much appreciated!

Jamie

Self drive van?

Comment

Originally posted by JamieTaylor View Post
      Hi,

I need to send some of my mothers furniture from London to her house in Scotland and was wondering what the best/cheapest way of doing this would be? I've had a few quotes but they are quite high. I did also come across a delivery auction web site which had some really low quotes, but I've never used one before so I'm not sure. Any advise would be much appreciated!

Jamie
      When we moved from Scotland to England, it cost 400.
      Which isn't that bad considering the removal firm had to travel to Scotland, about 450 milses, load up the van then, transport it back to England. Not bad .

Comment

That must have been some time ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
          That must have been some time ago!

All of 2 years ago.
          We could have done it for slightly less, but I'd rather have a firm that takes care with furniture when loading it on the van. Not some man with a van that is haphazard and a bit rough with your furniture. Actually, I had a stereo system go missing with one firm. I can't for the life of me think what happened to it, unless it got left of the van in error.

Comment

I thought you lived abroad? Not just a few hundred miles doon ra road!

400 quid? I've paid more than that to move less than 60 miles!

Comment

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
              I thought you lived abroad? Not just a few hundred miles doon ra road!

400 quid? I've paid more than that to move less than 60 miles!
              Whit! mair, than 400 for under 60 miles? Ouch!

I wonder how the orginal poster, Jamie Tayor got on.

Comment

Working...
              X