4 simple ways to save energy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 simple ways to save energy

COOK SMART When you're cooking, keep lids on pots and oven doors shut so the heat stays in and helps food cook faster. Use smaller appliances like a toaster oven or microwave for smaller meals.

FILL IT UP Wash only full loads of dishes. Air dry when possible.

GET SET Install a programmable thermostat to automatically set temperatures.

WATCH THE WATER Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth or wah your face. Buy showerheads that are low-flow and water-efficient.

Here's one to add to your four...............

Cook bulk meals and freeze them...I do that all the time !!

Comment

It sounds like you've attained the level of organization I hope to...of course, I keep trying! lol

Comment

It was a case of freezing or waste as its meat meals I freeze for the OH

Comment

...so, a thrifty Scot?!?? Who knew...?!

Comment

Us Scots always want to save money!

..and now we can say it's because to becoming green. Great!

A really easy one to remember is always switch off the tv properly, rather than the stanby button. Leaving it on Standby actually uses lots of energy. If we switch the button off on the set, our electricity bills could be up to 100 less a year!!! It all makes perfect sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmujer View Post
              ...so, a thrifty Scot?!?? Who knew...?!
              Ermmmmmmm

I am English

of Scottish parents

Comment

Cool---I'm just an American...we have been called 'muts'...My Dad's of Scottish descent, and my Mother is Puerto Rican...BUT...HER father was Yugoslavian; her mother was from Spain! Don't we all make up a wide world?!

Comment

To save energy...

I replaced my lightbulbs with the compact ones. Not only do they use less energy, but they last way longer!

Comment

It is a good idea to boil a full kettle of water up and use what you need for a drink,then put the rest
                    in a flask....one large flask full can make me 3 mugs of my green tea

Comment

"Bottoms Up...!

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmujer View Post
                        COOK SMART When you're cooking, keep lids on pots and oven doors shut so the heat stays in and helps food cook faster. Use smaller appliances like a toaster oven or microwave for smaller meals.

FILL IT UP Wash only full loads of dishes. Air dry when possible.

GET SET Install a programmable thermostat to automatically set temperatures.

WATCH THE WATER Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth or wah your face. Buy showerheads that are low-flow and water-efficient.
                        Good suggestions, thanks.

Comment

No 5 - Switch off the mother in law's life-support machine
                          Last edited by Lachlan09; 13th June 2011, 12:50.

Comment

Tat is so baddddd!

Comment

Wuah-hah-hah !

Actually, I've got a soft spot for my mother in law - it's a peat bog on Rannoch Moor.

Comment

Working...
                              X