cleaning the inside of your kettle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning the inside of your kettle

You can clean the scale from the inside of your kettle by placing a couple of wedges of lemon in the kettle, filling with water and allow to boil. Leave overnight, remove the lemon then rinse the inside of the kettle. All the water stains and scale should be gone.

A handful of salt and a bit of vinegar can be of help, too.
    "Wherever the spirit of Montrose may lead me"

Comment

We are lucky in Aberdeen we don't get limescale in our kettle, not like when I lived in Scun thorpe, I was cleaning it weekly !!

I found that using Steradent tablets worked wonders !!

Comment

Geology means that only the English get limescale. (That and, for Londoners, having tapwater that the previous day was someone's urine). Serves them right.
        Meow!

Comment

I remember my mum putting a marble inside the kettle to keep limescale at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellijelli View Post
            I remember my mum putting a marble inside the kettle to keep limescale at bay.
            A marble really? Did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by hulahula View Post
              A marble really? Did it work?
              I would have thought that it vibrating around as the kettle came to the boil might stop it from forming such thick layers.

Comment

Actually, lemon juice boiled in the kettle will dissolve the calcium deposits very well. Vinegar works well too but the reek of vinegar fills the house.

Best to use a low calcium bottled water to avoid calcium deposits. Max 4 mg of calcium per litre.

Comment

Working...
                X