Microwaves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwaves

Is it actually possible to heat up a drink in a microwave and how do you do it?

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
    "In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

What kind of drink?

You can heat drinks (refering to water for tea or coffee, hot cocoa maybe).... they must be in microwave safe mugs and I wouldn't fill them up to the top as they will boil over.

It doesnt take much time either .. only a minute or two.

Hope that helps.
    ~Gilly

Comment

Kind of... I tried doing a mug of chocolate, because I'd seen it done before. It boiled right over... I was thinking that would happen if I put it in for longer... but it was only a few seconds. I've also blown up some tuna bake I was doing!

I thought microwaves were supposed to be easy! Never mind!

Thanks now

"In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish_Republican
        Kind of... I tried doing a mug of chocolate, because I'd seen it done before. It boiled right over... I was thinking that would happen if I put it in for longer... but it was only a few seconds. I've also blown up some tuna bake I was doing!

I thought microwaves were supposed to be easy! Never mind!

Thanks now
        Well now... At least ya didnt catch it on fire!

Mine caught fire once and I had to throw it out...

LMAO ... my daughter (9yr) tried to make ramen noodles without the water...noodle block caught fire.

Nothing is ever as easy as it seems!

~Gilly

Comment

I've been worried about that... I was a bit surprised at the tuna bake, I think it may have been something in the combination of oil and water that did it... so why can I do lasagne but not tuna bake? Bizarre.

Comment

hot hot hot

Yes u can, i'm the lazy type so everything gets nuked. Limit time for really hot cuppa is three minutes for a large coffee cup. Makes an awesome mochacino. oops think i spelt that right lol
            Jen

Comment

ahem

You can do tuna bake. Just cover dish with cling film or as we call it glad wrap.
              Jen

Comment

Originally posted by GillyGirl1
                [i]
                Well now... At least ya didnt catch it on fire!

Mine caught fire once and I had to throw it out...

LMAO ... my daughter (9yr) tried to make ramen noodles without the water...noodle block caught fire.

Nothing is ever as easy as it seems!

[/B]

My little brother did the exact same thing!!!!!!

Comment

well lol

ive blown up chocolate wheatens in my microwave. i placed a plate of choc biscuits covered in marshmellos and hit 15 secs well so i thought lol then i went and answered the phone and 15 minutes later went to get my plate out and omgggggggggggggggg. ever tried cleaning up marshmello and choc. IT'S NOT EASY
                  Jen

Comment

Its the marshmellows ... they expand in a microwave.

On easter we have those marshmellow peeps.... (do you get those too?)

anyway you can put them in the micro and heat them a bit and they will grow really big! lol kinda fun for the kiddies...lol

Not too long in there tho... cause you will get a big mess.
                    ~Gilly

Comment

marshys

no we dont get peeps here. Boy those marshys they sure make a mess when blownup lol. Time here is 3.35am and im about to grab a coffee so come join me
                      Jen

Comment

aye well I knew of a garage who had a microwave...

being mechanics there hands were always oily and dirty so the happened upon the idea of removing the door to the microwave and bunging up the release catch to seem as the door was shut...then proceeded to use the newly modified microwave to heat there pies at lunch time....

Back at the begining of microwaves our education of them was more limited and none of the guys were wise to thier folly...particularily the cooking from the inside out part...

a few weeks after the modification one of the boys was standing directly in front of the m/w and unfortunatly he partially cooked his right kidney.

a similar story of the old woman and the drying of her wet cat exists but I will spare you...lol

Comment

Omg! Wizzy your kidding! Ouch!!..... Poor Kitty!

Comment

lol..yes..indeed..

cant be a nice way to go... having your eyeballs explode..lol

sorry

Comment

Microwaves

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH
                              Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X