Easy wallpaper stripping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy wallpaper stripping

Forget the slow, hot and sweaty steamer. Get your self a 2 gallon pump up garden spray, fill it with hot water and a splash of washing up liquid and just spray the whole damned wall. Might take a couple of goes to get it wet enough but once you do you can strip it off in sheets. I've done a whole room in a couple of hours.

PS Watch the electrics but don't be too worried about it.

Question: How large was the room? And, watch the
    electronics...what? But, those ideas are good ones!

Comment

15' X 15' with chimney breast. Electrics? Light switches, plug sockets etc. Just don't spray directly onto them. if in doubt, tape a piece of polythene over them.

Have fun

Comment

For electrics, read outlets. If you aren't spraying your liquids directly into your electrics, it shouldn't cause any problems.

So, with this method, do you need to use the scoring tool?

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Do you need any scoring tools? Only if the papper has been painted over which does, I'm afraid, make the job rather longer. With vynil papers strip off the top layer of vynil first (this is easy) then spray.

Hope this has'nt instigated a rush of decorateing?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmckechnie

PS Watch the electrics but don't be too worried about it.
            AH, yes. Like the wise advice of Jeff Torrington ("Swing Hammer Swing")

"Son, never clap strange electricity: it might bite you"

Comment

And if you are realy, realy, realy paranoid about leckytrickery wear rubber gloves and boots And if your realy, realy, realy realy, realy, realy paranoid, turn off the power as well.

In actual fact there is no more water around that you get with a steamer. Have fun

Comment

OK, so, if I use some common sense, I should be OK, right? By the way, I love the quote you've used at the end of your posts---it's very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmckechnie
                  ........In actual fact there is no more water around that you get with a steamer. Have fun
                  A steamer - would that be like the Waverley, then?

OK - yes it must be time for my dried frog pills, I know.

<Celyn scurry away fast now>

Comment

You should indeed be safe!!! As for the quote, thank you, I liked it as well especially as I was born a few miles from corryvreckan, (a very large whirlpool) !!!!!! and the Waverley has been past it many times!!!!!

Comment

There is SO MUCH history in Scotland. It is simply incredible...amazing...and so sad (does this take this post to 'history'?) Your country is beautiful. Just so I remain in this area...whenever I hang wallpaper, I'll remember your hints...Thanks!! Slainte! and...b'cause I'm Texan...YEE HAA!

Comment

This is just MY OWN hint to make any chore go more quickly...CHEW GUM...the minty kind is energizing, plus chewing gum burns 11 calories. Amazing, isn't it...that some one has figured THAT out?! Frankly, sometimes, I get TOO obsessed aout diet, losing weight,staying healthy, etc. Help! Someone, please tell me to lighten up!! I shouldn't take life too seriously...I'm not getting out of it alive!! (joke, anyone?)

Comment

History??? could go that way!!!! if we let it!!!!

Anyway, brings me back to another thread I posted somewhere else. I found a cracking oiccie to go with my little verse bunt I can't get the damned thing to stick!!!! Help!!!! hoe do I do it.

PS when stripping Make sure you are covered up. ( just to keep the thread on track){ish}

Comment

Working...
                          X