Obesity in Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obesity in Scotland

Hi there. Im new member on this forum and I would like to ask you for a little help in my project. Currently I working on my Welsh Baccalaureate individual investigation and I choosed obesity as my topic. I wonder if you could spare few moments and fill my anonymous questionnaire.

Link to my form on google docs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TjVCSkFpUkE6MQ

Thanks for your help!

Welsh Baccalaureate? Choosed?!

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
    "In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

With questions such as

Where are you living? *
      Wales
      Scotland
      Other

AND

Do you think that placing the chips and fish finger in oven can be called cooking. *
      Yes
      No

I'm really looking forward to reading the results....

Comment

What's salary got to do with it ?

Either it's linking poor diet with low-earning, deprived council scheme demographics or else it's phishing for personal details for some nefarious plan !

Comment

The reason why is only Scotland and Wales to choose is because im comparing those two regions for my project.

Lachlan09
          I can assure you that I’m not plotting any evil plans, I just trying to look at this problem from different perspectives and also look for connection between different factors.

So far I have one submission from Scotland I’m really thankful but I would love to have few more.

I won’t mind to share all my results when I finish this investigation

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by TinyTom84 View Post
            Hi there. Im new member on this forum and I would like to ask you for a little help in my project. Currently I working on my Welsh Baccalaureate individual investigation and I choosed obesity as my topic. I wonder if you could spare few moments and fill my anonymous questionnaire.

Link to my form on google docs:
            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TjVCSkFpUkE6MQ

Thanks for your help!

done

Comment

Originally posted by TinyTom84 View Post
              The reason why is only Scotland and Wales to choose is because im comparing those two regions for my project.
              First things first, we're not frigging "regions"!

(Two can play at George Orwell quotes)
              "In this country I don’t think it is enough realized—I myself had no idea of it until a few years ago—that Scotland has a case against England."

Comment

I looked at these questions(can't do it as in England) and I thought that a child had set most of
                the questions !

How can obesity be monitored like this...there are many factors concerning people's weight and
                eating is not always the reason for weight gain....thyroid trouble is a good example of this...I know
                as suffer with this !!

I do eat good healthy food and am also a vegetarian so if there are Scots out there that are also
                vegetarians their answer to your fish and burger questions are useless.

A better question would have been to ask about vegetarianism first and also have the meat questions
                with the option of a N/A answer

I also wondered about the financial question !

Comment

This doesn't answer her question either, but i find it an interesting subject.

I have a blended family now, (Scottish and American) and we've all had to adjust our eating habits. In learning more about Scottish cookery and food, I've found areas that are not-so-healthy, and other staples that are quite wonderfully healthy. I try to come up with meals that my family enjoys but also encourages health, and limit our fish and chips to once in a while.

This is just from my perspective, but the foods we try to limit are: beef, deep-fried foods, organ meats, white breads, sweeties, puff pastry and other pastry.

Foods we encourage: oatmeal and baking with oats, cold water fish, cabbage, neeps (i.e. yellow turnip or rutabaga), carrots, mushrooms, leeks, barley, brussle sprouts, broccoli (not exactly traditional but they ate lots there), rhubarb, strawbs, rasps, apples, peas, lentils (non-traditional),

We don't eat much lamb but mostly because of the price in our area (twice or more the cost of beef!)

We're undecided about potatoes but we eat them often.

And we have a funny story about kale. Everything i read told me it was a traditional Scottish staple, but Cameron had never heard of it or had it. Once when he was in the Borders he started looking for it in shop after shop, finally asking someone who said, "Och! We feed it to animals." He finally found some though and had it for the first time there, and now that we are here in the states we grow it in our garden, love it and eat it often! Anyway, at least in the south of Scotland, not many in our acquaintance know what it is anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X