Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it true scots people lose teeth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is it true scots people lose teeth?

    i read years ago most scots get all teeth puled out by age 16 because they have bad teeth

    true?
    do they pay for fillings/root canals there? --in usa they dont seem to much, or doctors wont help the poor

    we pay with own money and still the dentists are horrible

    usa really sucks lately
    i am not the band the daily flash and have no connection to them.i just like the music

  • #2
    Dental check ups are free in Scotland and treatment is free to the lowest paid and subsidised for everyone else. It was true in the past that Scots had poor dental hygeine because of their poor diet but like many aspects of health there is an improvement in recent years as people become more aware of and better able to afford a healthy diet. I'm in my forties and have only lost one of my teeth but that isn't the norm.
    "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."

    - Martin Luther King Jr.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by thedailyflash View Post
      i read years ago most scots get all teeth puled out by age 16 because they have bad teeth

      true?
      No, and I doubt that it was true even at the worst points in our dental history.

      Things have improved tremendously, but here is still room for further progress. This study (albeit 6 or 7 years old) highlights how there there were 25% fewer teeth extracted per patient and 30% fewer per dentist per week between 1984 and 1999.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ANDY-J3 View Post
        I'm in my forties and have only lost one of my teeth but that isn't the norm.
        Na, na, nana, na. I'm even older and haven't lost any of my adult teeth (and only have two or three fillings) !!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thedailyflash View Post
          we pay with own money and still the dentists are horrible

          usa really sucks lately
          I have to respectfully disagree on both points

          Comment


          • #6
            I think you are lucky to find a dentist taking on National Health patients.

            My cousin born and bred in Aberdeen used to have a N.H. Dentist he went private and she tried to find
            another NH one here taking on patients...no such luck only private patients was the reply she got from
            all she rung...so she just stayed registered with the one she had before and is now paying over the odds !!

            I was lucky as my dentist is keeping his NH patients for now.

            One of my neighbour's sons (8) cannot get in at a dentist and she has to travel to Brechin for his treatment !!

            I do wonder why the school dentist was done away with, maybe its time to bring them back !!

            My sister near Inverness has tried to get a dentist there and she can't...she has to go to Doncaster(420miles approx.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Babz View Post


              My sister near Inverness has tried to get a dentist there and she can't...she has to go to Doncaster(420miles approx.)
              I'd heard the situation is dire up there. (Inverness, not Doncaster )

              You'd think there'd be more dentists with the amount they charge!

              Comment


              • #8
                I read an article yesterday saying that Scots make up the largest percentage of "Dental Tourists" in Poland . . . Supposedly because it's so hard to get a dentist here. I might try it myself actually.

                With regard to the original post . . . ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  420 miles -thats unreal
                  i thought Scotland was only 200 miles wide

                  a kid in usa 12 needed tooth pulled but they didnt and he got abscess then brain damage and operation and died anyway-cost 250000 dollars

                  usa wackos could never get together on a dental plan -we are such losers

                  i dont see why there or here there is such a desire to give free health to smokers drinkers or over eaters -or put them at the back of the line or tax all those things more

                  dental they should cover
                  i am not the band the daily flash and have no connection to them.i just like the music

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    root canals can go wrong and not work
                    id just get it pulled
                    i am not the band the daily flash and have no connection to them.i just like the music

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thedailyflash View Post
                      420 miles -thats unreal
                      i thought Scotland was only 200 miles wide
                      420 miles would have been the distance from Inverness to Doncaster... so what does the width of Scotland have to do with anything?
                      Support CHAS the Children's Hospice Association Scotland

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ScotSites View Post
                        420 miles would have been the distance from Inverness to Doncaster... so what does the width of Scotland have to do with anything?
                        Dunno. Looking back at the last few posts, I got lost in the logic, or the lack thereof. I think poor old DailyFlash has a big bad toothache that is busily eating into her/his brain.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Celyn View Post
                          Dunno. Looking back at the last few posts, I got lost in the logic, or the lack thereof. I think poor old DailyFlash has a big bad toothache that is busily eating into her/his brain.
                          Balls, you were trying to claim Doncaster for Scotland! Tell the truth!







                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Croi Sasanach View Post
                            you were trying to claim Doncaster for Scotland! Tell the truth!
                            I know quite a few Doncastrians that wouldn't like that one bit !!!!!!!

                            Neighbours son has now managed to get a dentist locally...not bad after 2 years but his teeth have suffered
                            as he now needs 4 fillings and 2 are in adult teeth

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im missing two teeth one that shows somewhat

                              got one pulled last summer or one more and then one next to it broke few months later and then another one chipped after i was having just one more bit of sunflower seeds

                              im throughtwith nuts and seeds

                              now i just have one tooth to fix i guess
                              i am not the band the daily flash and have no connection to them.i just like the music

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X