X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedailyflash View Post
    japanese invented high fructose corn syrup
    its death
    Well, very very good for the Japanese, then, if they invented its death. Obviously, for them not to have developed the stuff in the first place would have been preferable, but I'm glad to hear that they invented its death.

is it in soda etc in the uk?
    I expect it will probably be in a lot of the fizzy drinks like Cola and what-have-you, in the U.K. As well as the U.S.A. Perhaps not *quite* as much in everything, though, as in the U.S.A., if only because but I am in no way sure but I tend to have the impression that the high fructose corn syrup is not used here so much, well, not having the same sort of convenient corn produce an so on. So, no, I don't say that the manufacturers of fizzy sugar drinks sold here are any better, merely because, I suppose they are using something equally bad.

But I don't go in for drinking the stuff , so I give a healthy point to me. (Aha, I can NEVER get healthy points. because I think I have rather too much of an overdraft there.)

[says Celyn, who has still got a lot of fiendishly unhealthy shortbread and currant bun. Because, well, one must, no? Otherwise it would be a waste, and we should never waste food. Tee hee munchy munchy, chomp, chomp.]

Oh, and a Happy New Year To All.

With lums reeking and so on..

Comment

in mexico i think they use sugar in colas which better
      i am not the band the daily flash and have no connection to them.i just like the music

Comment

is it in soda etc in the uk?
        Not nearly as prevalent in UK/European industro-food as it is in the US. Yet! It is becoming more common tho .

Comment

aspartame the atrificil sweetenner is bad too

is it the same name in uk?nutra sweet

look up"rumsfeld disease"
          i am not the band the daily flash and have no connection to them.i just like the music

Comment

aspartame the atrificil sweetenner is bad too

is it the same name in uk?nutra sweet

look up"rumsfeld disease"

Not really, unless you sufer from certain specific & rare conditions, the possibly harmful chemical byproducts produced by metabolising Aspartame pale into utter insignificance alongside the levels of the same chemicals produced when we consume fruit, veg or alcohol. Never mind the myriad dangers of sugar itself - nasty stuff.

Most of the anti-aspartame claims stem from a couple of highly assumptive, innaccurate, unattributed & unsupported internet chain letters & petitions from tinfoil-hat land. Those are probably more harmful to the truth than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by pogofish View Post
              Not really, unless you sufer from certain specific & rare conditions, the possibly harmful chemical byproducts produced by metabolising Aspartame pale into utter insignificance alongside the levels of the same chemicals produced when we consume fruit, veg or alcohol. Never mind the myriad dangers of sugar itself - nasty stuff.

Most of the anti-aspartame claims stem from a couple of highly assumptive, innaccurate, unattributed & unsupported internet chain letters & petitions from tinfoil-hat land. Those are probably more harmful to the truth than anything else.

thats ridiculous and sugar isnt all that bad or good either

Comment

no food is "bad"

Hi,

I think it is wrong to say that a particular food is "bad" and that others are "good".

The key is to have that balance in your life and that includes having those foods that the modern age so condemns. These "bad" foods that have been consumed for generations and people relied on them as their staple calories - but it's only this generation that drives everywhere instead of walking.

The key to ill health is a lack of exercise and physical activity which go a long way to addressing the problems of our modern age.

all the best
                Robert.

ps. i'm not saying i'm right i'm just saying what I believe to be true in terms of my own experience.

Comment

Working...
                X