Drink More, Gain Less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink More, Gain Less

Did you know that dehydration can slow your metabolism by 3%? That means that a 150-pound woman could burn 45 fewer calories a day---which could translate into 5 extra pounds a year. So fill that water glass, and drink up!

Originally posted by Texasmujer
    Did you know that dehydration can slow your metabolism by 3%? That means that a 150-pound woman could burn 45 fewer calories a day---which could translate into 5 extra pounds a year. So fill that water glass, and drink up!
    lol I donno about this one.. lol.. cause if I drank anymore water.. I'd be a ocean.. lol..

Seriously yes drinking alot of water is good for you, but it is also not good to drink too much.. I am at about a gallon a day (128 ozs).. the min is 64 ozs..

Your body is made up of mostly water. I believe if im not mistaken its something like 85% water.. is that right?

Comment

I looked it up on the internet...the three top results were all different!!!
      ...up to 60%
      ...up to 70%
      ...up to 65%
      Further down someone said fat has less % water than muscle, so it depends a lot on your fitness level...and that human brains are 70% water...(he, he, that explains some of those posts in the religion section! )

And remember, besides that extra 5 pounds you lose from not being dehydrated, you'll lose at least another 7 from getting up to go to the bathroom so much!

Comment

Oh, No!! ANOTHER 'regulation'---so, I CAN'T 'just' have an icon as my reply?!
        Sometimes rules often create 'funny' situations---and, all I wanted to have in my reply is this:

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmujer
          Oh, No!! ANOTHER 'regulation'---so, I CAN'T 'just' have an icon as my reply?!
          Sometimes rules often create 'funny' situations---and, all I wanted to have in my reply is this:

I guess you need a bit more typing stuff.. lol.. to submit.. no worries.. it stops people from not talking.. lol..'
          Go figure .. no chatting on a chat board.. lol

Comment

YEAH!! I mean, there ARE TIMES when a simple 'face' is the BEST answer!! I wonder, will TEN 'faces' work?! Mark, R U reading this? What do U say? Will they do? Or, I guess I can just write "uh" ten times...Mark...what do you say?

Comment

Comment

Texas there is your answer, TWO faces will work.. lol...

Comment

OH!! WeeButtons, that's CUTE!! How did U DO that? I was flat refuseed for not having the required 10 words...

Comment

Try it again hon, I believe that the Tech fixed that..

Comment

They did...Thanks, tech!!

Comment

Working...
                      X