Strong Flavors Reduce Cravings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong Flavors Reduce Cravings

Do cravings spur you to overindulge on tasty treats?
    Enjoying some healthier foods with a flavorful kick might help quell your urges. Try foods with a bite, such as pickles and hot peppers---they can overwhelm your taste buds and ease your crvings.

(I'm running out right after I finish with this and am buying myself a HUGE bottle of pickles...I ALWAYS indulge in cookies!! I'll let ya'll know if this works...)

Originally posted by Texasmujer
    Do cravings spur you to overindulge on tasty treats?
    Enjoying some healthier foods with a flavorful kick might help quell your urges. Try foods with a bite, such as pickles and hot peppers---they can overwhelm your taste buds and ease your crvings.

(I'm running out right after I finish with this and am buying myself a HUGE bottle of pickles...I ALWAYS indulge in cookies!! I'll let ya'll know if this works...)
    [I]LOL

There are certain times I crave salty foods.. then certain times I creave Sweeties.. anything for a MULTI Craving.. LMAO..

Comment

Yeah, CRAVINGS always 'get me'---and, I NEVER (or, RARELY) manage not to give in to them...the only way I have found to control this is to NEVER have ANY sweets or munchies in my
      house...so much for MY self control---it is just extremes for me---I have absolutely NO desserts, or, I have bags of cookies, candy bars, cake, etc...I really PIG OUT! lol...and, I know better!! LOL (I think I've become resigned to this) *sigh*

Comment

[i]Texasmujer I am the same way. I dont buy anything unless I know its all going down that day.. .lol.. and if I don't finish it.. its in the trash.. I know big waste but.. lol..

I did buy some of those plastic Ice Pop thingys.. lol that you can make with what ever juices you want. I use crystal light drink.. very low in calories (about 5 or so I think) anyway, I've found that helps too..

Sometimes just doing something with your mouth works. I tend to eat when I'm bored so the Ice Pops come in very handy.

Comment

I found that foods with strong flavours like chilli and curry helped me to give up smoking. Drinking diet/no sugar juice also helps with junk food cravings.

Comment

Working...
          X