Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i've lost 14 pounds in the last 8 weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've lost 14 pounds in the last 8 weeks.

lookin' good!

Yoga, walking, core secrets (ab ball)... delicious fresh food.

Thats very good Holly keep it up

.....what do you do with the AB ball??

Comment

[i]Congradulations Holly.. keep up the healthy lifesytle..

Babz.. you roll about with the ball till it has no more air left! lmao.. Its a "honest" way to play with balls.. LMAO.. LOL.. JK.. lol..

lol.. seriously a yoga ball, I believe is the correct term for it, is used to help support the lower back in doing certain stomach exercises, etc.

You can get in a sitting position on the ball.. and lean back, bending your knees, feet on the floor and then sit up, over and over, with hands behind the head (till your spurring bad words) lol.. It is a way to do crunches without the pain in the back..

There is also a lot of other uses for this ball.. lol.. bouncy bouncy is one.. lol.. Ok.. I keep joking.. anyway.. look here: http://www.isokineticsinc.com/catego...045%7Esg_64075

Thats what I am trying to explain up there and doing a terrible job at it.. lol. but the ball as well is also good for stretching and what not..

If I find a site that shows more uses for it.. I will post it.

I found that my ball was just too big and always in the way. I had to keep putting air in it, even thought there was no leaking.. and I still felt the strain in my back while doing the exercises.. but thats just me..

Comment

hee hee...I never tried one cause I'd probably find some way to roll off and hurt myself!

And then my husband would walk in and I'd be laying there by the ball in a crippled heap and he'd get to say, ...oh dear what'd you do now?!!

Comment

Originally posted by skookie

hee hee...I never tried one cause I'd probably find some way to roll off and hurt myself!

And then my husband would walk in and I'd be laying there by the ball in a crippled heap and he'd get to say, ...oh dear what'd you do now?!!

lol yeah that wouldnt be go .. lol.. but give it a go.. you might really enjoy it.. it does make things easier on the back

Comment

....i was unaware the ab balls were connected in any particular way to yoga. I've never heard of a connection. I have seen some use it with Pilates, but it wasn't original to that, either.

I really love the balls though.... never thought i would, but they make some exercises both easier to do (more comfortable) and more effective, i think! For instance, when you do crunches on a ball, your back is very comfortably supported by the buoyancy and curve of the ball. There are many exercise physiologists who've come up with routines for it. I'm amazed at the versitility of the thing! You can use it as an exercise bench (only it's better), a weight, an aid to stretching, and as mentioned.... a chair!

This is the program i've been using and there are some pictures at the site:

http://www.coresecrets.com/

Comment

Nice to have you back HollyElise!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X