Jump the Weight Loss Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump the Weight Loss Hurdle

When you start a new diet, your biggest challenge may be in the first few weeks of calorie cutting. One trick: Chart your progress by blocking off a 2-week period on your calendar, and slash an X through each day that your weight loss plan stays on track. Then take time to relish your progress.

In the last year I've lost a total of 40 pounds, and I did it two different ways. The first 15 pounds lost were from calorie cutting. It was hard work, but the results were fairly quick; I lost that 15 in about 2 months. The problem with this was that I lost lean mass as well as fat and 15 pounds equaled only one dress size. Then I plateau'd for the next several months.

So in August, I started supplementing my diet with whole food fruit & vegetable concentrates, and I began losing much more fat than muscle. I wasn't calorie cutting, but I also wasn't craving junk (because I was finally getting some real nutrition). The weight loss this way was much slower: 20 pounds in 8 months. But this 20 pounds has equaled four dress sizes. So, in addition to exercise, I'd recommend a balanced diet, including LOTS of fruits and veggies, rather than calorie cutting - depending on whether you want to lose fat vs. losing both muscle & fat.

Comment

Duh! My totals don't add up to 40, do they? That's because I've lost 35 pounds! (I've got 40 on the brain... that birthday is approaching.) LOL

Comment

Either way, that's significant weightloss!! Congratulations!! That is SO COOL---I admire your determination. SO COOL!

Comment

Working...
        X