All Berry Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Berry Well

You can get extra heart-protective quercitin in your diet by eating lots of berrys.

Quercitin is a flavonoid credited with protecting cardiovascular health. Although onions are the best food source of quercitin, yoiu also can get it from berries. Cranberries, rasberries, and blackberries are all good sources of quercitin.

I love all the food information you post. Thanks for the information!

Comment

Thank YOU for this positive feedback!

Comment

I LOVE berries, but had no idea they were so good for you. Anything to do with cardiovascular health is especially important to me, as I've been handed a predisposition to heart disease and heart attacks from both sides of my family on a silver platter. Onions are wonderful in cooking, not to mention raw on hamburgers. Were you the one who said elsewhere that the sweet onions had less of the health benefits than the more pungent and stronger ones?
        As the stars in their vast orbits, God's timing knows neither haste nor delay.

Comment

I don't remember...I get so much information. However, in many of the suggestions, it seems that when a vegetable is more 'pungent', etc., it is that way because more of the phytochemicals are present; If I see that info again, I'll print it here, though.

Comment

Cool! I'll be looking forward to it!

As the stars in their vast orbits, God's timing knows neither haste nor delay.

Comment

Working...
            X