That's Grape News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's Grape News

If you don't drink alcoholic beverages but want some of the highly touted health benefits of wine, pour yourself a glass of grape juice instead.

Research has revealed that, like wine, grape juice is full of health-protective flavonoids. In a study in which people drank Concord grape juice every day for two weeks, the study participants' blood levels of antioxidants increased. Also, the stability of their LDL choleaterol improved, making it less likely to oxidize and stick to artery walls.

That's good news! I'd heard that, too, a few months ago at our church's women's Valentine's luncheon. A nurse was the speaker and shared that with us.

And, too, I'm glad that we don't have to go out and drink alcoholic wine to get the benefits. She did mention that the alcoholic red wine had more health benefits, I don't remember the reason why now, though, but did mention that if we're not used to it, that purple grape juice also would benefit, just to drink maybe two glasses of it in place of the one glass of the alcoholic wine. She encouraged those of us who aren't used to alcohol not to go out and start "boozing it up" for the sake of "helping" our bodies, which cracked us all up.

Thanks for sharing this!

Linda
    As the stars in their vast orbits, God's timing knows neither haste nor delay.

Comment

I didn't know the amount of grape juice to drink---so, thank you for THAT interesting! I'd been dddtinking 1/2 glass of grape juice; so, I've learned someting! Thanks...

Comment

No prob! Isn't that what this forum is all about? Thanks, too, for all the health tips you're sharing. I'm deeply interested in health topics, myself, and would be happy to share what little I know, as well, whenever I can.
        As the stars in their vast orbits, God's timing knows neither haste nor delay.

Comment

That's what makes this place (scotland.com) such a great place (my opinion, that)!

Comment

Working...
          X