Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subject: FW: McD's Ball pit: Playground- Must Read

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Subject: FW: McD's Ball pit: Playground- Must Read

    Don't let your kids play in the balls pit at McDonalds Playground or KFC.
    > Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, or
    > grandchildren that this will pertain to. As I read the following,my heart
    > sank. I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as
    > you can. I cannot stress how important this is! This is very disturbing
    > news. In addition to the following true story, I will also add that my own
    > son was playing in the ball pit at Discovery Zone one day. He lost his
    > watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find
    > the watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, feces, and other stuff I do not
    > want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised hell.
    > Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month. I
    > have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in
    > another ball pit.
    >
    > Now read this:
    > Hi, My name is Lauren Archer. My son, Kevin and I lived in
    > Sugarland, Texas. On October 2, 1994, I took my only son to McDonald's
    > for his 3rd bir thday.After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the
    > ball pit. When he started crying later, I asked him what was wrong. He
    > pointed to his back and said, Mommy, it hurts. I looked, but couldn't find
    > anything wrong with him at the time. I bathed him when we got home, and it
    > was at that point that I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon
    > investigation, it seemed as if there was a splinter under the welt. I made
    > a doctor's appointment for the next day to have it removed. In the
    > meantime, he started vomiting and shaking. Then, his eyes rolled back in
    > his head. We immediately went to the emergency room! My only son died later
    > that night. It turned out that the welt on his bu ttock was the tip of a
    > hypodermic needle that had broken off in his skin. The autopsy revealed
    > that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next day, the police
    > removed the balls from the ball pit and found rotten
    > food, half-eaten candy, diapers, feces, the stench of urine, and several
    > hypodermic needles. If you question the validity of this story, you can
    > find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10, 1994 issue of the
    > Houston Chronicle .
    > Please forward this! to all loving mothers, fathers,
    > aunts,uncles,and grandparents. Note: Some children have also gotten
    > lice from ball pits.
    >
    > Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the
    > moments that take our breath away.


  • #2
    Appan please

    ..can you also post this in the 'Inn'

    I think that it is valuable information that others should read and
    not all members read every forum !!

    The ballpool that my grandsons go to is cleaned out every night, it is not
    one of the Big Companies one's and does seem to be very clean although
    I do know of other ones that are not so clean !!

    Comment


    • #3
      Similarly, i recently came across an article which was about how many playgrounds are on toxic waste sites, as they are often converted from former factories. In addition, the wood chips that are often used now instead of gravel to prevent injury, happens to draw the toxins to the surface. If i come across the article again, or a similar one, i'll post it.

      Comment

      Working...
      X