Reducing risk of breast cancer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing risk of breast cancer...

I often pick up a particular weekly women's magazine because i love the reportage of medical research. These little bits came from the October 4, 2004 issue of Woman's World...

Ohio State University researchers have found that women taking two or more doses a week of ibuprofen have a 50% lower risk of breast cancer than those who don't. Regular aspirin users have a 30% lower risk.

Women in Japan have a 40% lower risk, they think because of the amount of soy in their diets. Now a study which followed 20,000 women over 10 years have found that women who eat the most Miso soup have the lowest risk of breast cancer.

Melatonin, a hormone produced in sleep, decreases a compound in the body that breast cancer cells feed on. Exposure to light during sleep interferes with the production of melatonin. Sleeping in a totally dark room can reduce your risk of breast cancer by 50%.

...isn't that wild? I'm telling my housemate about the last one in particular. She has a habit of sleeping with the lights on, which she knows messes up her circadian rhythms.

Breast cancer affects 1 in 9 women in Northeastern Ohio! No one likes to think about it but look on the bright side, there is more and more we can do, now.
Working...
X