Teamwork...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamwork...

Evidence suggests that nutritions foods work best when combined with other foods. Maximize the disease-fighting potential of your foods by including a variety of healthful options at mealtime. Vitamin-rich fruits and veggies. fiber-rich whole grains, fish or lean poultry, and heart-healthy fats are good staples to include in most meals.

re team work

I am all for healthy eating, but i have a weakness that has been with me as far back as i can remember. I have i guess you can call it bad eating habits. I tend to eat only when i'm hungry. 1 / 2pm before i will eat something for breakfast, lunch would be around 8.pm and im having dinner around midnight Because i am a diabetic my doctor is forever threatening to throw me in hospital, so i try changing but it never lasts.

R there any others like me, or use to be like me.

Cheers
    Jen

Comment

I'm not diabetic, so I can't help you there. I, too, generally only eat when I'm hungry---or, at least, I do that normally---and those times are influenced by what I'm doing. I DO know is that it is very important for you to eat on a regular basis...is there any way for you to set up a system for you to remember? This is SO important for you; is it possible for you to speak with a social worker
      or psychologist or other person of that persuasion (even your doctor); someone who could help you devise some system that would help you remember? (this might be corny, but, an example would be: wear a small/delicate bracelet with beads at intervals that would indicate the hours for you to eat---say eight small beads to remind yout to eat at that time? then two (or however many) for the nest meal---anyathing to help you to remember; you must eat at regular times! this is for your own good) Is there anyone 'out there' that can help? Can U let me know more about this?
      (is there an icon for 'worry'?)

Comment

Re: re team work

[QU...I tend to eat only when i'm hungry. 1 / 2pm before i will eat something for breakfast, lunch would be around 8.pm and im having dinner around midnight Because i am a diabetic my doctor is forever threatening to throw me in hospital, so i try changing but it never lasts.

R there any others like me, or use to be like me.

Cheers [/B][/QUOTE]

Heheh - that sounds a lot like me. However, I eventually got the idea that this is not really the healthiest way to be, so I have taken to making an effort to eat something by way of breakfast in the morning, rather than run on coffee and tea until late in the day, or even the evening. I'm not diabetic, and I *really* don't want to be, from what I hear from friends and from my father, and from what I read. So, that's one good reason I should try to eat sensibly.

I *would* say, if you don't fancy traditional "breakfast" foods, eat a piece of fruit - my own brekkie often being a banana (or jsut as likely a few bites of the banana which then lies around half-eaten for a day!) - *but* what with the carbohydrate and sugar content there - that might not sit well with the diabetes.

I'm not surprised your doctor wants to throw you into hospital! However, you could ask your doc to stop threatenting you with hosptial and perhaps put you in touch with a dietican or something similar instead.

Oh well, I'm off to eat a sandwich on your behalf. (Yes it is 8pm and seisible people would have cooked proper dinner by now..but...!

Comment

Oh well, I'm off to eat a sandwich on your behalf. (Yes it is 8pm and seisible people

hey thnx guys for the encouragement, a banana is what i usually hav for breakfast, then my other meals are my favorite tuna marshmello salad. if i'm really really hungry i pigout on carrots and celery

hope that sandwich was nice
          Jen

Comment

Hey, Silentwhispers...Celyn has a good idea about having an appointment with a dietician...bananas are good for potassium,,,and other thngs; I think that a person really cannot go wrong with bananas...Let us know how U R doing...and get your Doc. to send you to a dietician!!

Comment

Banana's are good

Okay will do and sure i will let you both know the outcome

Cheers
              Jen

Comment

oh, good!!

Comment

healthy eating

just dropped by to let you know i saw the doc today. I did have b/fast this morning even though it was only toast and banana but its a start. Lunch well i suppose 3pm is better then 8pm so that means i will get dinner early.

Cheers you wonderful people
                  Jen

Comment

Good...that is a beginning; you must stay with the habit. And, did you know that if you keep a behavior for three weeks, then it (supposedly) becomes a habit at that time? At that's what 'they' say!! Three weeks...you can do
                    that!! Your blood chemistry will begin to stabilize...and you'll begin to feel better...it'll be a new world! (I DO get enthusiastic...but, this does hapopen) (of course, I ALSO drive my friends and family a little batty) But, please, let us know...

Comment

I ALSO drive my friends and family a little batty) But, please, let us know...

Well you can batter away all you like texasmujer cause i need it.

cheers
                      Jen

Comment

Working...
                      X