Diabetes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes

WHAT IS DIABETES? You develop diabetes when your body can't properly produce or use insulin. This hormone helps your cells transform food into energy for everyday life. The two main kinds are Type 1 (insulin-dependent) and Type 2 (noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus).

WHO GETS IT? Seniors, blacks, Latinos, Native Americans, and Asians have an increased risk. You're more at risk, too, if it's in your family or you're overweight.

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTONS? *frequent urination *excessive thirst or increased appetite *unexplained weight loss *blurry vision

HEALTHY HABITS---An exciting new treatment for Type 2 diabetes is on the horizon. It's a hormone called GLP-1 that might help you control your blood sugar and lose weight. Unfortunately, GLP-1 is still in the experimantal stage. In the meantime, control your diabetes with these proven tips. *Ask your doctor how many meals and snacks you should eat and how often to check your blood sugar. *Eat about the same time every day, and don't skip meals and snacks. Measure your food to be sure you are eating the same amount. *Take medication at the same time every day. *Ask your doctor to help you design an exercise program. Then exercise around the same time each day. This amazing remedy cccould halp you lose weight, reduce stress, and even treat your diabetes. *Wear comfortable shoes. Keep your feet clean and dry. Inspect them regularly for redness or sores, especially after exercise. Report problems to your doctor. *Lose weight if you're overweight. Even dropping 10 to 20 pounds helps.

DIabetes

I am a new member from Central Florida USA. I am in my early 50's and want to know about the scotish health system and what they are doing to diabetic patients.

mediator
    Cnetral Florida
    USA

Comment

Working...
    X