Seeking help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking help

If you are seeking help in finding an ancestor and make a post in here, it would help if you could put in the given name as well as the surname, also dates and location would be helpful in the search.

I have the 1881 Census for the whole of Great Britain on CDs and the 1851 Census of Devon, Norfolk and Warwick counties.

Marhar
    PRO LIBERTATE

help?

I need help in finding information on my great,great-grandmother. Her name is Agnes Patterson, born February 1831 in Clarktown, Newmonkland Parish, Scotland. Where is this and where can I find more records of her family?

Comment

We searched the IGI.(International Genealogical Index)for your gt gt grandmother under the name you gave(Was this her married or maiden name)and we found no reference to an Agnes Patterson at that date. the location of Newmonkland Parish we found in the Census of 1881 It does not now exist on any map we have, but was near to Airdrie in Lanarkshire.
      Your best bet would be a letter to the Glasgow Central Library, Local Studies Department, GLASGOW, SCOTLAND. Asking what records are available. Hope this info helps
      Marhar
      PRO LIBERTATE

Comment

Working...
      X