Genealogy explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxkirk View Post
    What , no waka ? How is it , that living in the land of the automobile , you don't have a car ?

Maybe they will post one to you

Or its time to get out the stewpot , and some flakey pastry.
    Oh I have a car, but I thought you were referring to "waka" as in Maori canoe. I wondered how you thought I would manage to paddle 929.5 miles on dry land. lol

I could always make the pie myself for sure. A nice big one at that!
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Valmai View Post
      Oh I have a car, but I thought you were referring to "waka" as in Maori canoe. I wondered how you thought I would manage to paddle 929.5 miles on dry land. lol

I could always make the pie myself for sure. A nice big one at that!
      yeah I know you did
      A waka can be any vehicle for water air or land , including a bicycle
      Also any container , as in a waka huia being a treasure box .

a steak and veg pie is a treasure ya know

Comment

yeah I know you did
        A waka can be any vehicle for water air or land , including a bicycle
        Also any container , as in a waka huia being a treasure box .

a steak and veg pie is a treasure ya know
        Guess I'm a little out of touch with the Maori language.

Well, you talked me into cooking a steak and veg pie. It will do nicely for dinner tomorrow and no, I don't plan on sharing it with anyone else. It's going to be all mine and while I might get a belly ache by the time I'm finished, it will be well worth it.
        Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Valmai View Post
          Well, you talked me into cooking a steak and veg pie. It will do nicely for dinner tomorrow and no, I don't plan on sharing it with anyone else. It's going to be all mine and while I might get a belly ache by the time I'm finished, it will be well worth it.
          Go for it Val
          take a photo , post the pic

Comment

Go for it Val
            take a photo , post the pic
            Picture of what, the meat pie or me with a belly ache?
            MLK Jr.

Comment

Both

Comment

Both
                Ah, well, it's like this, I might be able to borrow a camera to take a picture of the meat pie, but a picture of me and my belly ache is something I don't want to unleash upon unsuspecting innocents.

Besides, my first weekend off in over a month apparently is not to be. My assistant manager who was meant to do end of month inventory for me has called in sick, so now I have to go in and do it myself. I travel around 83 miles to and from work each day, so depending on what time I finish work and get home, and of course what my disposition will be at the end of the day, will determine whether I can be bloody bothered to cook!

The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
                Gang aft agley,
                An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
                For promis'd joy!
                MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X