James Alexander Munro b. 1860 Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Alexander Munro b. 1860 Glasgow

I am trying to find out what happened to James Alexander Munro born in 1860 in Glasgow. I have him on the census records up to 1881. In 1884 he married Elizabeth B Service in Glasgow.

But after that they disappear without trace. They are not on any census records and I cannot find death certificates for them. Also without children's names to search with I cannot search to find if they had any children.

Did they leave Scotland ? Anyone have any idea where they went ?

Cheers.

James Alexander

Originally posted by DreadGod View Post
    I am trying to find out what happened to James Alexander Munro born in 1860 in Glasgow. I have him on the census records up to 1881. In 1884 he married Elizabeth B Service in Glasgow.

But after that they disappear without trace. They are not on any census records and I cannot find death certificates for them. Also without children's names to search with I cannot search to find if they had any children.

Did they leave Scotland ? Anyone have any idea where they went ?

Cheers.
    So, have you searched the online Scottish and American geneology and family tree websites? There's a website for searching ship's records for people coming through Ellis Island, New York. I don't know if your "Munro" is any relation to our family's "Mungle" but I have been tracing the history of a James Alexander Mungle and William Alexander Mungle from Glasgow in the mid 1800s to Newark, New Jersey. We always wondered if the name got changed somewhere during the immigration.

Comment

Mungle!

Hey,

That is amazing! James Alexander Munro b.1860 did have a brother named William Alexander Munro who was born in Glasgow in 1862.

William Alexander Munro married Jessie Ann Mackenzie, I have been able to identify three of their daughters so far. However from the records I have it would seem that William Alexander Munro returned to Scotland because he died in Scotland in 1939.

I can't find anything for James Alexander Munro after 1884 when he married in Glasgow.

It would be amazing if they were the same people because I know their ancestry right back to the 1700's and further.

(By the way I am a Munro)

I have done a search on the Ellis Island website and can't seem to find a record of either James Alexander Mungle or William Alexander Mungle ? Can you tell me a bit more about them please.
      Last edited by DreadGod; 20 August 2011, 18:42.

Comment

James Alexander Munro

James Alexander Munro was the name of my grandfather. He was born in Melbourne, Australia around 1898. He had a brother named Hector. His family came from Scotland. I do not know his parents names or where in Scotland they came from. You can find him in ship passenger records in the ports of Honolulu and San Francisco when he visited us in !960. Laura Rigler Porland,Or

Comment

Late reply:

James Alexander Munro and his wife had moved to Australia by 1903. So no connection to the Mungles!

Comment

Working...
          X