Looking for Stromier family of Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Stromier family of Glasgow

I am writing a historical novel on the Weber family of Hinterzarten, Germany, and one of their daughters married a Stromier son, a family who owned a jewelry business in Glasgow. Can anyone help find the name of the Stromier son, and Weber daughter married between 1850-1865? They had a daughter, Emma, who married a Fred Weber on October 16th, 1888. He became a doctor who was a first assistant to Dr. Koch, a leading researcher on tuberculosis in the 1890's in Germany.

The last information found on the Stromiers was a letter dated February 14th, 1945 from a Dr. J. H. Stromier, 20 Westminster Terrace, Sauchiehall, Glasgow C.3. Scotland.

I did a quick websearch and found a Joseph Stromier who was a watch maker in Glasgow. Unfortunately, the site is one where you have to register and pay an online search fee!

Stromier does not sound like a Scots name - more like a transplanation from either Scandinavia or germany.

Comment

Thank you polwath. That might help me. What is the source in which you found that Stromier, the watch maker?

Don Ensenbach dle0312@cox.net

Comment

Stromier family

Hi, i am researching my family tree and have the Stromier's and Weber names (living in Glasgow) in my tree.

Get in touch if you want any information.

Cheers, Carole
        Researching my family tree,surnames include :
        Gifford, McDonald, Grant, Campbell, McHattie, Wood "Park", Robertson, Cowie, Thomson, McLean, Forbes, Martin.......and on and on.All Banffshire [Buckie,Portgordon,Portknockie,Fordyce,Keith,Boharm + Grange]

Comment

Working...
        X