Cookes of ENGLAND !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookes of ENGLAND !!

Having worked as an Englishman in Edinburgh, I have found that most Scots consider chips and deep-fried pizza the ultimate in culinary delight, scream abuse at their children, and only seem truly content when unconscious from drink.

They belong to a nation defined by a common hate for the English, and they reassure themselves with tartans, bagpipes and a rewritten history where they did nothing but dance amongst the flowers, sing tedious music, and drink whisky.

Give them independence and watch them wander round in confusion when they have no-one else to blame.

God, I'm glad I'm not Scottish !!

Andrew Cooke

andrew@acooke.org

http://www.acooke.org/andrew/writing/scots.html

[i]

Andrew Cooke

andrew@acooke.org

http://www.acooke.org/andrew/writing/scots.html [/B]

God, so are we!

(Please see the "History" forum for more inciteful commentary by ACooke.)

Comment

To A.Cooke
      It seems that you have never been to Yorkshire.
      Just remove the reference to Tartans and Bagpipes and it is the same

Marhar
      PRO LIBERTATE

Comment

acooke

Originally posted by acooke
        Having worked as an Englishman in Edinburgh, I have found that most Scots consider chips and deep-fried pizza the ultimate in culinary delight, scream abuse at their children, and only seem truly content when unconscious from drink.

They belong to a nation defined by a common hate for the English, and they reassure themselves with tartans, bagpipes and a rewritten history where they did nothing but dance amongst the flowers, sing tedious music, and drink whisky.

Give them independence and watch them wander round in confusion when they have no-one else to blame.

Andrew Cooke

Is this all you can think of to say, you have said the samething in every forum, you are right about the Scottish and drink but take it from me we can drink any English under the table, and FYI we are a healthy happy race , it is obvious you are not a happy person because all you can do with your free time is TRY to bring other people down but not here little things like your problems don't phase us. So just alittle peice of advice anything you say here pretty much goes in one ear and out the other.

andrew@acooke.org

http://www.acooke.org/andrew/writing/scots.html
        O si yo & Tiaraidh an dr'asda
        Chemuhk/Lisa
        A Proud Cherokee/ Scot

Comment

Dear ACOOKE,
          Take your prozak!
          Cris J

Comment

If there is no geneaology in this thread by Friday I

will delete it!

Comment

Geneology question for you Mamie

Can you help me find out any info on a Bethia Kirkland Dawson or a John Dawson? For my family tree but i can't find enough info to help me.

A Proud Cherokee/ Scot

Comment

Where have you looked Lisa? Places and dates would help too.

Comment

mamie

I believe she was born in Sterlingshire (?) and can't remember the date, but she was the daughter of John Dawson and Jayne Naysmith.
                  Chemuhk/Lisa
                  A Proud Cherokee/ Scot

Comment

hi Chemukh - I don't mean to sound nit-picking but just to advise you that in case you are doing online searches etc, spell it Stirlingshire. I'd hate you to miss something 'cos of just one letter. Sorry if it sounds as if I'm pickig faults - trying to help, really.

Best of luck

Comment

Lisa

there are sites for Stirlingshire that you can access at http://www.cyndislist.com under the Scotland section.

Also try the alternate spelling of Naismith.

For a little money you can access http://www.scotsorigins.com

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Celyn
                        hi Chemukh - I don't mean to sound nit-picking but just to advise you that in case you are doing online searches etc, spell it Stirlingshire. I'd hate you to miss something 'cos of just one letter. Sorry if it sounds as if I'm pickig faults - trying to help, really.

Best of luck

I appologize I really do know how to spell it I don't know what I was thinking that day and thank you for correcting me.
                        Chemuhk/Lisa
                        A Proud Cherokee/ Scot

Comment

Chemukh By the way, I think you posted previously that grandmother Bethia Kirkland Dawson came from Glasgow? So if you found out more and found she was from Stirlingshire, that must be a sign that your researches are getting somewhere! oh well, "Bethia" cannot be the most common name in the world, so that should help you trace details.

Best of luck!

Comment

the post at the top of this thread, in my name, was done without my knowledge. for more information, please see http://www.acooke.org/andrew/writing/scots.html#abuse

thanks, andrew

Comment

No excuse Mr Cooke

It's your email it was registered under. But it is a totally different IP adress so your claim is possible.

And the content is from your website and is offensive to all Scots and those with Scots heritage.

I can delete if you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X