Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITCH ITCH ITCH

Hello there folks,
    Right, I'm 25+ weeks pregnant and have been driven MAD by an unbearable itching on the palms of my wee hands, and soles of my (not so wee) feet. I rang the midwife, expecting to be told to slather on some E45 or something similar but was surprised to be told to come in for a blood test as it could be problems with my liver function.

Was supposed to be up for the test today, but Morning Sickness (still) stopped me. Had a quick look online and found the illness is obstetric choleostasis and am now a bit worried.

Anyone else out there either had this, or been suspected as having it? I know that the test will (hopefully) come back clear but it is a bit scary!!!!!!
    Loved up and very happy

Originally posted by kaybee
    Hello there folks,
    Right, I'm 25+ weeks pregnant and have been driven MAD by an unbearable itching on the palms of my wee hands, and soles of my (not so wee) feet. I rang the midwife, expecting to be told to slather on some E45 or something similar but was surprised to be told to come in for a blood test as it could be problems with my liver function.

Was supposed to be up for the test today, but Morning Sickness (still) stopped me. Had a quick look online and found the illness is obstetric choleostasis and am now a bit worried.

Anyone else out there either had this, or been suspected as having it? I know that the test will (hopefully) come back clear but it is a bit scary!!!!!!
    ah the joys of being pregant huh1
    i've had a small rash on my arm now for the past 3 weeks that comes and goes but my gp dismissed it saying it is due to the on going changes of hornmomes etc. try not to worry to much because the more you worry the worse it will get and i am sure like you said when you have the test done the results will come back clear.
    im glad to hear im not the only one still having morning sickness even now at 19 wks i thought it would have calmed down by now but we live in hope it will stop soon?
    hope everything else is going well for you and bump and that the fluff man is still looking after you.
    tc

Comment

Working...
    X