Babies' sleeping position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babies' sleeping position

The expets now say to put your babies to sleep on their back to help prevent the occurrence of SIDS. I babysit in a church's nursery, and one of the mothers' babies' died that way (with SIDS); she and her husband had one more, which had to have required such FAITH; I'm not sure I could have done that. They have three boys now, and the youngest is SO CUTE; I guess that is an example that "life DOES go on"...

[i]Ok.. Im not a mom..

But My Mom.. aslways told me that on the badies side.. is the best.. She should know.. she has had experiance.. lol.. I think I will trust her...

Mom said.. if the baby throws up during the nite.. they shouldn't choke on it.. And no on the belly cause then they could suffocate... lol.. So she said on the side with the head turned and their wee lil cheeks on the mattress.... and their drool will just flow ever so.. all over the sheets .. he he he .. She also told me never a pillow..

So thats what my Mom said.. so thats just one's opinion..

Mistress

Comment

On the sides, always. I was taught the following with newborn babies:

Put baby to sleep on the right side. When it wakes up, play, change nappies, feed and put back to bed - on the left side and so on. Always change sides, that is good for the wee spinal column and the head.

Also, there are statistics that say that the risk of SIDS can be lowered by breastfeeding the child.

The mattress shall not be too soft and the baby should have no pillow the first three months.

Noone really knows anything, but that is what you are told my mums, midwives, doctors.
      "Wherever the spirit of Montrose may lead me"

Comment

Yes.. that too is what my Mom has told me and all my sisters.. She also said not to use a blanket.. Dress baby in warm jammies.. .. they sweat anyway.. .. The baby can suffocate if they caught up in the blanket..

Mistress

Comment

Right you are, but there are special baby blankets, very light, they have almost no weight and they are woven in a special way, so that baby can breathe through it. What is even better are those baby sleeping bags, I had some for my daughter. It's made like a jacket with long, cosy sleeves and the jacket ends in a warm, super-cosy bag where baby's legs have much room. These things are great.

But always make sure baby does not have too much heat. This is dangerous, too.
          "Wherever the spirit of Montrose may lead me"

Comment

Isn't it amazing that our children even grew up at all?...There ae SO MANY obstacles 'out there' that can harm people...WoW, it's amazing.

Comment

AWWW GAAAAWWWWWDD

This is where ah'l be posting soon.

Fluffi

Comment

Originally posted by jacobitedreamer
                Right you are, but there are special baby blankets, very light, they have almost no weight and they are woven in a special way, so that baby can breathe through it. What is even better are those baby sleeping bags, I had some for my daughter. It's made like a jacket with long, cosy sleeves and the jacket ends in a warm, super-cosy bag where baby's legs have much room. These things are great.

But always make sure baby does not have too much heat. This is dangerous, too.
                [i]Aye.. I've been taught to call those Baby Sleeping Bags.. Bunting Sets... lol

It looks like the wee outfit that peewee wore in Popeye.. lol.. right? lol

Mistress

Comment

Originally posted by Texasmujer
                  Isn't it amazing that our children even grew up at all?...There ae SO MANY obstacles 'out there' that can harm people...WoW, it's amazing.
                  [i]Yes there are many..

But unfortunatelly.. as a Parent.. ya must let them go and learn on their own.. lol.. well that is when they are about 25 right?

he he he

Mistress

Comment

I told my daughter that she couldn't date until she was 40 or so...lol...She just walked away shaking her head...and muttering, "Ma Ma"..."Whataver" She did not wait until she was 40...these kids...

Comment

Working...
                    X