Low-Carb Recipes for Diabetics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low-Carb Recipes for Diabetics?

Are there any Scottish recipes that are low-carb that are diabetic-friendly? I've been diagnosed with what's called "pre-diabetes" (which is essentially early-stage diabetes) and have to be careful of the amounts and types of carbohydrates I eat. Was wondering if there are any cultural dishes that would fit the bill? It's been forever since posting here and I hope everyone is well and happy. Thanks in advance!!
    As the stars in their vast orbits, God's timing knows neither haste nor delay.

I wish there were but I haven't been able to find any.
    Humanity is my religion

Comment

Thanks, Victor. I'm bummed, but that's the way it goes.

Comment

I have always understood Oat meal/flour to fit that bill

If you are following a low-carb diet to optimize your diabetes control and your personal carbohydrate budget allows it, oatmeal is a good option over most other breakfast cereals. Plain oatmeal and steel-cut oats have a low glycemic index, which means that their carbohydrates are converted into sugar at a slower pace compared to those in puffed rice, corn flakes and oat rings breakfast cereals. The low-GI carbohydrates found in oatmeal are associated with a healthier body weight and lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
        Is Oatmeal Low Carb | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

I use it to thicken stews and gravies , and as the filler in stuffings , sausages and the like .

Comment

I've never been a huge oatmeal eater (as a breakfast cereal, that is). The closest I've typically come to eating it for breakfast is flavored instant oatmeal. That is no longer a go, so am getting a bit braver and doing sugar-free maple and brown sugar instant oats. I do have some steel cut "Scottish" oats but haven't yet been able to work up the courage to try it. I will have to just up and do it some weekend to see if I like it.

Comment

Working...
          X