Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comfort food

Hi,
    My comfort food is baked macaroni and cheese made with bacon & sharp cheddar cheese (love those carbs)
    also a BIG bowl of maple nut ice cream with choclate syrup..

Peace
    Treas Aine
    THERE IS NOTHING MORE FRIGHTFUL THAN IGNORANCE IN ACTION.johanna van goeth

NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN SINCERE IGNORANCE AND CONCIENTIOUS STUPIDITY....rev. martin luther king

Hi,

hi Treas_aine please to meet you. This is Jen commin at ya from good old New Zealand

yummy ice cream and syrup lol

i was wicked when it came to that, its funny cause i was actually trying to lose weight and id get so brassed off when i weighed in and hadnt lost a thing i'd go home and stuff my face with ice cream and syrup, then id be all moody cause id just added more calories so id hit the ice cream even harder lol

now i have to go easy and i still have the ice cream but its all weight watchers one with a smell of syrup.

Cheers
    Jen

Comment

I think my all-time comfort food is meat loaf. Unfortunately, it's expensive, calorically-speaking, and so I don't make it very often. But when I do, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, nothing is quite so sweet.
      As the stars in their vast orbits, God's timing knows neither haste nor delay.

Comment

humm..

Ice Cream.. definitally.. but I dont eat it anymore again.. canni have all those calories, but mainly I am not so good with all that dairy.. At times I will treat myself with a frozen yogurt.. but thats it.. but oh boy what I put on it.. lol.. Wet Walnuts.. sprinkles.. lol.. ermm.. something else chocolate.. They look at me like im nuts.. cause Im eating non fat frozen yogart.. and kill it with toppings.. lmao..

Now.. I LOVEEEEEE meatloaf. I love my meatloaf.. and man.. it goes great with a side of rice or mashed potatoes.. lol.. and corn.. woohoooo

Comment

Mmmmm-hmmmmm! You got it!!

Comment

Suzy.. do you have a specific receipt for your meatloaf?

Comment

My comfort food has to be Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream !!

If I haven't ice Cream I will make do with Fresh Double Cream...lolol

Suzy.....if you post your recipe can you start a new thread so that
              people don't have to trawl through posts...lol

Comment

lmao..

Suzy. if you post it.. lol.. let me know..

lol.. sorry babz.. wanted to throw that in.. hehehehe.. canni miss out on a good receipt.. ya know

Comment

Will do, WeeButtons. I have my mom's recipe, which is the one I normally use when I make meatloaf. However, the last time I made it (more than six months ago), I got a bit creative, which is highly unusual for me in the kitchen; usually need to go by a recipe, myself. Anyway, what resulted was some of the best meatloaf I think I've had in ages. So, I have to look for Mama's recipe, which I'll post when I find it, and will also try to remember how I made the last one and share that with you, as well. Meatloaf is TOTALLY awesome; it rocks!!!!!

Comment

Comfort foods. . .

Coffee, chocolate and hot toast with butter and honey.

I like the strawberries and cream/ice cream idea, too and would suggest peaches in place of the berries on occasion! Love that! Makes it a treat rather than comefort food!

I get creative with meat loaf and invent numbers for the varriations! Meatloaf number 1 has left over veggi soup in it and it goes on from there! LOL

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

My comfort foods are- chilli peanuts, hot chicken curry with chicken pakoras, strawberry or raspberry yoghurt, cheesey pasta. I love these foods but unfortunately they are a bit high in calories. Taste great though!

Comment

Working...
                      X