4 Ingredient recipes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Ingredient recipes!

Salt, pepper, and cooking oil don't count, everything else get's counted!

Blackened Chicken (for one, easily multiplied)

1 tbs cooking oil, heated in a skillet over a medium-high flame until hot.

1 whole chicken breast or pieces desired, place in skillet, reduce flame to medium-low, and cover for 15-20 minutes until the bottom of the chicken just begins to blacken. Check how well it's cooking in center by slitting with a knife. Lower heat if cooking slowly inside. Turn over pieces and cover for about 10 minutes until other side is browned and just beginning to blacken in a few small spots. Turn over again.

Salt to taste.

Sprinkle liberally with Hungarian paprika.

Add a dash or two of soy sauce. Cover and heat an additional few minutes. Serve.

Ah now, I don't always pay much heed to "cuisine", but I am quite good at "blackening" things, even if I say so myself.

Comment

hahahaha.

"Blackening" is a Cajun thing, i think. It's quite good. I particularly like blackened salmon. I also had a Blackened Chicken Alfredo once in a restaurant... that was excellent!

I've seen a lot of international cuisine in Scotland, but you probably don't have Cajun or Creole, do you?

Comment

Smoothie

2/3 cup frozen fruit chunks... almost any kind will do... i buy mixed frozen fruit or you can freeze your own.

2/3 cup vanilla yogurt

2/3 cup juice... like apple juice or orange juice

1 tablespoon wheat germ or ground nuts

Blend frozen fruit and other ingredients in a blender or food processor... pulse mode works best. YUM!

Comment

Okay, this one is only three ingredients and you have to like anchovies...

steamed green beans
          a little of the oil from a can or jar of sardines
          grated parmesan cheese

I was amazed how good this is... YUM!

Comment

Working...
          X