Pewter Clan Badges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pewter Clan Badges?

Hello,I really don't know where to post this question,so I will post it here.Does anyone know any good pewter clan badge makers,who will do custom orders,for instance,my own personal crest?I was thinking about sterling silver,but that's a little steep price wise.Thank-you.

Thank-you and stand sure,

Ethan Walling

The organisation that checks over your crest design to ascertain that it does not conflict with existing heraldic devices will be able to advise you in the matter of an appropriate crest manufacturer .

Comment

Stand Sure

"Thank-you and stand sure"

Hi Ethan,

I have been reading posts on here and noticed your's ends with stand sure. As this is the motto of Clan Anderson, I can only assume you are of that Clan or one of its septs? Just curious.

Valmai
      Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      MLK Jr.

Comment

RE:Stand Sure.

Yes,I am a member of the Clan Anderson,Valmai.

Ethan Walling

Comment

Clan Anderson

Hi Ethan,

Then we have something common. My grandfather was John Anderson, born 1885 in Rothes, Moray. My direct line, apart from those who immigrated to New Zealand and Canada, right back to 1737 which is far as I have traced so far, come from the Moray area, mainly Lossiemouth, although some did move down to Aberdeen and Glasgow. I myself was born in New Zealand.

Nice to meet a fellow Clan member.

Cheers
          "Stand Sure"
          Valmai
          Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          MLK Jr.

Comment

Anderson!

That's quite interesting about your genealogy,Valmai, and having a fellow clan member all away across the world from me.

Ethan Walling

Comment

Ethan Walling , where abouts in the world are you situated ?

Comment

I am from and live in around Bristol,Tennessee and Virginia,USA.

Ethan Walling

Comment

In that case how can North Dakota be all away across the world from you ?

And given that the homeland of the Clan Anderson , indeed all Scots Clans, is Scotland , and you are in North america , why would it surprise you that a fellow clan member is from , or resides , on the other side of an ocean ?

Comment

I have never met a New Zealander,and it is quite a bit more aways from us,but I am quite sure I've met a North Dakotan or two.

Ethan Walling

Comment

I see that you missed my point .
                      Have you read Valmai's posts and profile ?
                      Not all who live in North Dakota were born there

Comment

No I have not read Valmai's profiles,or any posts that I know of.

Ethan Walling

Comment

It is impossible to own a crest if one is not in possession of a coat of arms, as the crest is adjunct to the coat or arms.

Comment

Originally posted by maxkirk View Post
                            It is impossible to own a crest if one is not in possession of a coat of arms, as the crest is adjunct to the coat or arms.
                            This is quite true Max. Can I also add for Ethan's benefit that there is no such thing as a "Clan" coat of Arms. The clan Chief has his own personal coat of Arms which cannot be used by anyone else. The crest is part of the Heraldic design of the Chief's coat of Arms. Clan members can use a badge that consists of the Chief's crest.

In Clan Anderson's case, we have no Chief recognized by the Lord Lyon King of Arms and we are often considered to be an armigerous clan. However, there appears to be a true bloodline male descendant from the Deebank/Candacraig bloodlines, a Sir Robert Bell born 1938. Not sure if he is still living, but if not, his descendant(s) would be considered Chief of Clan Anderson if the armigerous clan was recognized by the Lord Lyon King of Arms.

Cheers
                            Valmai
                            MLK Jr.

Comment

I have a coat of arms personally,it is read as "sable fess,between three cinquefoils(another cinquefoil pierced)argent."The "cinquefoil pierced",from what I gather,is a crest,because a cinquefoil is the crest on the coat of arms that we had officially registered.We don't have a motto,so what I would like to do is get a clan crest badge with my crest,and Walling translated into Gaelic on the belt surrounding it.

Ethan Walling

Comment

Working...
                              X