Videos tagged with "priory"
Ancient Priory Church Restenneth Near Forfar Scotland [00:42]
Tour Scotland video of the ancient Priory Church on visit to Restenneth near Forfar. This was a monastic house of Augustinian canons founded by Jedburgh Abbey, with the patronage of King Malcolm IV of Scotland, in 1153. There is also speculation that Restenneth may even have been the Pictish church dedicated to St Peter (mentioned in Bede) built in 710 for Nechtán mac Der Ilei, King of the Picts.
Interior Parish Church Pittenweem East Neuk Of Fife Scotland [00:51]
Tour Scotland video of the interior of the Parish Church on visit to Pittenweem, East Neuk of Fife, Scotland. This Scottish Parish Church date back to the 1300s and originally formed part of the priory church of Pittenweem Priory. The church was extended in 1532 and the interior was refurbished in 1883 in Victorian style with new entrance galleries and stairs. At the base of the bell tower is a dungeon type door, the Scottish witch trials in Pittenweem between 1704 and 1705 saw the accused kept in this room and also the St Fillans cave nearby.
Scotland Travel 2009: Part IX Walk from Garvard on Colonsay to Oransay and the Priory [05:57]
Our 2009 Scotland trip: The walk across the strand to Oransay Isle and the Priory with members of Clan MacFie
Rainy November Day Pends St Andrews Fife Scotland [00:10]
Tour Scotland video of a rainy November day drive through the Pends on visit to St Andrews, Fife. The old priory wall and the archways, known as the Pends beside the ruins of the Cathederal ruins. This street leads from the harbour to South Street in St Andrews.
View From Top St Rule's Tower Cathedral St Andrew Fife Scotland [01:47]
Tour Scotland video of the view from the top of St Rule's Tower in the Cathedral ruins in St Andrews, Fife. St Rule's tower is located in the Cathedral grounds but predates it, having served as the church of the priory up to the early 12th century. The building was retained to allow worship to continue uninterrupted during the building of its much larger successor. Originally, the tower and adjoining choir were part of the church built in the 11th century to house the relics of St Andrew. Today the tower commands an admirable view of the town, harbour, sea, and surrounding countryside.