Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Open Board > Scotland Dot C*m*on Inn

Notices


American insists Scotland is not a country

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #372 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 04:44
Duthill Duthill is offline
Quarantined Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Otautahi , Te Wahi Pounamu (NZ)
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmasterchris View Post
Duthill -

If a country changes its head of state, loses its parliament, loses control of its borders, loses control of its finances, adopts the taxation and customs systems of a larger, neighboring state, adopts a new flag, adopts a new seal, loses control of its judiciary...

... how is still the same country? What's left? (Language, culture and people, yes... we call that a nation.)

From an international standpoint there's not even any Scottish (or English lest you call me a bigot again) territory any longer! The rest of the world doesn't care where you fix your border. Heck, in many cases it doesn't matter where things happen on which side of the border within the UK, as in the appeal of civil cases to cite one example.

One of the interesting things about the Act of 1707 is that Wales is along for the ride because of a similar arrangement with England a couple of hundred years earlier.

Is Wales even an entity in the document? No, it's part of the Kingdom of England and need no longer be mentioned by name. Slurp! went Wales, bye-bye.

The name of the country now is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Slurp! went Scotland. Crofter understands this.
Just how thick is this foolish 'quizmasterchris' ?
This thread is not about Wales , or Northern Ireland , or indeed the straw stuffing dribbling out of the liar's mouth.
This is about the country that is Scotland.
If the moron had the whit to ask questions relating to Scotland they could be answered , but the idiot , being the coward that it is , dribbles straw instead.

Posting questions totally unrelated to the topic , such as this one,
Quote:
If a country changes its head of state, loses its parliament, loses control of its borders, loses control of its finances, adopts the taxation and customs systems of a larger, neighboring state, adopts a new flag, adopts a new seal, loses control of its judiciary...... how is still the same country ?
contribute to this debate not one iota , because , as any who have read the Act of Union , and any who know even a little about the country that is Scotland are aware , that stupid question has nothing at all whatsoever to do with Scotland .
  #373 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 04:54
quizmasterchris quizmasterchris is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 235
Duthill -

I've provided an informal version of my CV, more or less, to another poster on my blog who asked the same questions you are asking now. Essentially I typed out a whole educational and employment history in the comments section of my blog. I believe that was posted appended to the second Scotland post on my blog if you're that interested.

I still have my OSCE ID, and the T-shirt! Actually the shirt also reads "PAE", Pacific Architects & Engineers, which is something of a front I would suspect for American intelligence. Certainly a contractor. In part PAE paid me and in part the OSCE paid me and in part the US Dept of State.

The OSCE is no doubt also connected in some tenuous way to MI6, if that makes you feel better (or worse?).

I haven't ever worked directly for the CIA (unless you count our tax money, in which case all Americans do in a strained sense). I wouldn't be interested.

Don't worry, I don't think there's too much CIA activity in the the highlands. They concentrate on London because its the capital of a country.
  #374 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 05:01
quizmasterchris quizmasterchris is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMos View Post
When I want to know the definition of a word, I look it up in a dictionary.
No, you look up varying definitions of words in various dictionaries until you find one that matches what you'd like to "prove."

You haven't even been consistent with that, because when I follow up with the dictionary editions you mention each defines the UK, its parts and the word 'country' not only differently but in ways that contradict each other from one page to the next.
  #375 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 05:07
Duthill Duthill is offline
Quarantined Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Otautahi , Te Wahi Pounamu (NZ)
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmasterchris View Post
Duthill -

I've provided an informal version of my CV, more or less, to another poster on my blog who asked the same questions you are asking now. Essentially I typed out a whole educational and employment history in the comments section of my blog. I believe that was posted appended to the second Scotland post on my blog if you're that interested.

I still have my OSCE ID, and the T-shirt! Actually the shirt also reads "PAE", Pacific Architects & Engineers, which is something of a front I would suspect for American intelligence. Certainly a contractor. In part PAE paid me and in part the OSCE paid me and in part the US Dept of State.

The OSCE is no doubt also connected in some tenuous way to MI6, if that makes you feel better (or worse?).

I haven't ever worked directly for the CIA (unless you count our tax money, in which case all Americans do in a strained sense). I wouldn't be interested.

Don't worry, I don't think there's too much CIA activity in the the highlands. They concentrate on London because its the capital of a country.
That means nothing . We already know that 'quizmasterchris' is a liar .
More lies are merely that , more lies
  #376 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 05:09
quizmasterchris quizmasterchris is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 235
Duthill -

If I take nothing else from this experience I'll always cherish the bridge we two have built between us.
  #377 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 05:13
Duthill Duthill is offline
Quarantined Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Otautahi , Te Wahi Pounamu (NZ)
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmasterchris View Post
Duthill -

If I take nothing else from this experience I'll always cherish the bridge we two have built between us.
More dribble from the idiot
  #378 (permalink)  
Old 2nd August 2010, 05:17
LisaMos LisaMos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmasterchris View Post
No, you look up varying definitions of words in various dictionaries until you find one that matches what you'd like to "prove."

You haven't even been consistent with that, because when I follow up with the dictionary editions you mention each defines the UK, its parts and the word 'country' not only differently but in ways that contradict each other from one page to the next.

Wrong again. I accept all the definitions I see. For example, "country" means "sovereign nation." It also means "non-sovereign nation."

I've cited OED, Random House, Cambridge, Encarta, Merriam-Webster, 10C, American Heritage, Collins, and whatever is downstairs, too far away for me to see the covers.

The multiple definitions don't bother me. I don't get upset if a word means something I don't approve of. You, apparently, do. You've declared them all to be "wrong" because....you say so.

Your CV is interesting, but not particularly relevant. Working for the CIA is news to me. (Once people mention that, men in white coats visit shortly after.)

Your CV still doesn't beat Jeffrey Jowell's. His stack of degrees is bigger than your...one.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC4 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.