Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

What is religeon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2001, 18:45

Red face

What is it? What is a good definition? ?????
Old 12th May 2001, 13:18

For me my faith is the Bible and the oral tradition of the Church which is summarized in the Ctholic Catechism. I came to this conclusion over 2 decades ago when I converted to the Catholic Church.
Old 4th June 2001, 01:46

Smile Its not about religion, its about a person

Hello Elzpath. Religion is just traditions of men. It's not about religion, it's about Jesus. He is alive. One can have peace with God through him. It is not like it was back in the first century. They just met in houses and had fellowship, and celebrated the Lords supper. In the ceremony of the breaking of bread (his body) and the wine (his blood) remembering the Lords death till he come.
__Its about either you love him or you don't. You either accept what he has done for you. Or you can turn your back on him, committing the unpardonable sin. Way back, I was in the Catholic church, and I said to myself one day," they are pretty stingy with the Word, I am going to get my own Bible, and I read it through for myself" and thats what I did; and he took me out of the Catholic church. He will take anyone who beleives in his excellent word out of it. Reasons? _1:Forbidding priests to marry. Peter was married. Paul too. Many others. It should not be a hard and fast rule! Jesus said that if a man is able, he can remain single all his life. But it is better to marry than to burn!@!
_2:Confessing your sins before the priest. Jesus said that we are to enter into our closet; not literally, the closet of your mind and confess your sins to God through him.
_3:Praying to Mary and others. Neither is there any other name under heaven whereby we must be saved but the name of Jesus Christ. The veil of the temple has been rent in twain; we have access to the throne of grace through him. Not Mary. Sure she was a special young lady to have had the honour. Only prayers in Jesus name will be heard.
_Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet; they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah1:18
_And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. Isaiah 11:10
Notice: Jesus being in the line of David, that he went back to Jesse, the father of David. Why? _Because Jesse was a shepherd. David was a man of war. He is the good shepherd, that gave his life for the sheep. His sheep hear his voice and they follow him. Another they will not follow, for he is the shepherd of the sheep and His Father who greater than all, is able to keep them. Neither will any snatch them from his hand.
_HO, EVERY one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2:Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. 3:Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you even the sure mercies of David. Isaiah 55:1-3 (me=Jesus)That great wedding banquet in the future.
_For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. Isaiah 65:17
Jesus is the Creator. He made everything. Both things seen and unseen, all of this universe!
He has revealled a lot of snipets of the life to come through the Holy Spirit. Now we see through a glass darkly, but later. face to face. One is; that every atom of this earth, will one day go nuclear. He needs to melt this earth to make it new again!
_An excellent website where the whole word is given out is http://www.ttb.org
Have a listen for a week and you won't want to leave!
God bless

[Edited by Kenneth_McKellar on 4th June 2001 at 02:12]