Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices


How can modern men believe in a creator God?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 7th August 2014, 20:48
Gnostic Bishop's Avatar
Gnostic Bishop Gnostic Bishop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig View Post
most laws are made under some religious guidance therefor no judge in any country could even ask any religious person "to prove it"

i swear on the holy bible to tell the truth, the whole tru.....oh look theres your "proof" right there
No judge accepts hear say or book say as evidence. All that is said of the Gods is speculative by nature as no one claims to know a real God.

They deal in truth and evidence and churches have neither.

If they did, They would not be protecting their pedophiles and murdering children in religious orphanages.

Your tone will draw nothing better than this following.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Come and reason or be gone.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 8th August 2014, 06:02
Magenta Magenta is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 82
Quote:

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

DL
I disagree.

Quite clearly reason frequently triumphs over faith...

https://richarddawkins.net/convertscorner/
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 8th August 2014, 10:09
mikeyBoab mikeyBoab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Bishop View Post
Because you defended a bunch of know liars.

Regards
DL
By "know liars" I assume that you mean theists.

I never once said I believe in God. But I will defend the right of others to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 8th August 2014, 15:12
tig's Avatar
tig tig is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Bishop View Post
No judge accepts hear say or book say as evidence. All that is said of the Gods is speculative by nature as no one claims to know a real God.
the very fact that you swear on the book of truth should tell you they accept it in law as true.

its never been tried out in court for that very reason.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 8th August 2014, 17:27
Gnostic Bishop's Avatar
Gnostic Bishop Gnostic Bishop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyBoab View Post
By "know liars" I assume that you mean theists.

I never once said I believe in God. But I will defend the right of others to do so.
So will I but not to immoral genocidal son murdering Gods whose adherents tell me to turn or burn and who demand that I think their way.

You go ahead and defend those pricks all you like. Do not expect that intelligent moral people will respect you.

You are defending those who deny women and gays equality and that puts you in their immoral camp.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11th August 2014, 10:16
mikeyBoab mikeyBoab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 668
Now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for an argument GB . . . .
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12th August 2014, 17:47
Gnostic Bishop's Avatar
Gnostic Bishop Gnostic Bishop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig View Post
most laws are made under some religious guidance therefor no judge in any country could even ask any religious person "to prove it"

i swear on the holy bible to tell the truth, the whole tru.....oh look theres your "proof" right there
Garbage.

That is why they lied at the I D trial.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC4 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.