Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Christian vs Christianity

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31st October 2000, 18:05

Smile

In Christ! Only way to have "joy" in your life.
PTL
Old 1st November 2000, 05:38

Send a message via ICQ to Dirk_Sommer
Wink

Nonson !
I still think I got ya !
Sorry, cant write more; Im drunk...
Dirk
Old 17th November 2000, 17:43

Location: P.E. Interests:Literature, quiet walks, good movies, friendly people, and my young son
In Christ we are to set all differences aside, and know that we are man, Through Christ we are to beleive we can,
from Christ we are to be foregiven, automaticly, of our sins.
Christianity originally started of as the practice of the preachings of Jesus. It is now, I beleive in a majority of cases, the social gathering of selfish people.
Christianity should be in one's heart, not one's attendance record at church.
Old 18th November 2000, 22:14

Question words words words

Isn't this whole topic just about different interpetations of the word Christianity. I know how you love your words Nonson but does this really matter? Isn't it the message thats important?

PS WAAAAAAW looks pretty good in here now...nice paint job...
Old 27th November 2000, 18:33

Location: P.E. Interests:Literature, quiet walks, good movies, friendly people, and my young son
True Christianity is in the hearts of all who beleive in Christ and HIS teachings. Most modern day interps. have come from present day man. Whosoever beleive in Christ and practices HIS preachings is Christian. Many of modern day society has lost his meaning, and now stands another form of Christianity. I am not perfect, but I am a Christian.
I, however, do not go to church as I feel that present day church consist of a misunderstanding of the scripts. My body is the only church I need, for if the heart is filled with Christ then it is a temple unto him.
I dissagree that Christianity is a cult, But I do feel that it does not contain in itself what it may at one time might have.
Old 28th November 2000, 00:32

Question church

Would it not maybe be better to go to Church and try to change what you feel is unacceptable rather than to stay away Seth?.. Depends I s'pose but I feel its very helpful to meet with other Christians on a regular basis and I would say the Bible backs this up. I dont know your circumstances mind you, just a thought..
)
<><

Old 1st December 2000, 16:19

Exclamation

I'm not saying that it is bad to go to church. One must indeed meet other Christians, and I do most everyday: at uni., work, etc. What I am saying is that when I do go, I hear a lot about somebody else rather than the teachings of Christ or the word of God. As a child, I loved going to Sunday Scool, and church, and couldn't wait for Vacation Bible Scool. The Bible also states that where two or more meet in worship is a church.
It just appears to me that church has become a place for social gathering to see who is better than who in a congragation mostly filled with hypocrits.
God's house is supposed to be a house of worship, not a house of gossip. I beleive wholly in God. Because I've experienced sits. I thought I would not face, or would in an older age, I know my faith is strong, because my faith was being tested. I also know that being human makes me a sinner by blood, but I'm not afraid to ask for foregiveness; I just feel there is a lack of God in his house of worship.