Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

God

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th September 2011, 15:33

God

To believe in GOD means declaring GOD to be the only GOD in the heavens and earth and all that exist. It has three aspects;
(A) Oneness of the Lordship of GOD: To believe that there is only one Lord for all the universe and He is its Creator, Organizer, Planner, Sustainer, and the Giver of security.
(B) Oneness of the Worship of GOD: To believe that none has the right to be worshipped (e.g. praying, invoking, asking for help, swearing, slaughtering sacrifices, giving charity, fasting, pilgrimage, etc.) but GOD.
(C) Oneness of the Names and the Qualities of GOD

Last edited by akim; 10th September 2011 at 18:06.
Old 10th September 2011, 15:37

what if you believe in many gods?
Old 10th September 2011, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig View Post
what if you believe in many gods?
So you be lost for ever
Old 10th September 2011, 16:29

Your religious polemic is very interesting but why anyone should regard you as an authority on the subject I don't know - I choose not to believe in any Gods because the available evidence doesn't convince me that they exist.

- Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 10th September 2011, 16:30

Verily, GOD forgives not that partners should be set up with HIM (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom HE wills; and whoever sets up partners with GOD in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.
Old 10th September 2011, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY-J3 View Post
Your religious polemic is very interesting but why anyone should regard you as an authority on the subject I don't know - I choose not to believe in any Gods because the available evidence doesn't convince me that they exist.
In Any Gods? They exist? . Of course they don't exist. HE exists !!!. The Compassionate. The Most Merciful. The Sovereign. The Holy One. The Giver of Peace. The Giver of Protection. The Mighty. The Overpowering Lord. The Self-Glorious. The Creator. The One Who Gives Life. The Fashioner Of Shapes. The Exceedingly Forgiving. The One Who Has Control Over All Things. The Sustainer. The Remover Of Difficulties and Giver of decisions. The All Knowing. The straitener of Sustenance. The Extender Of Provisions. The One Who Humbles and Lowers. The Exalter. The Giver Of Honour. The Giver of Dishonour. The All Hearing. The Seer. The Maker Of Immutable Judgment. The Just. The Most Affectionate. the Clement. The Great. The Forgiving. The Highly Grateful. The Most High. The Most Infinite, The Protector. The Reckoner. The Caretaker. The Benevolent. The Lenient. The Wise. The Most Loving. The Most Venerable. The Resurrector Of Dead. The Omnipresent. The Truth. The Provident. The Almighty. The Invincible. THe Patron. The Far Above The Attributes Of The Entire Creation. The Oft- Returning. The One Who Takes Retribution. The One Who Pardon. The Possessor Of Sovereignty. The Kind. The Majestic. The Praise Worthy. The Keeper Of Counts. The Originator. The One Who Has Power To Create Again. The Everlasting. The All Perfect. The One Unequalled. The All Powerful. The One Who Causes Advancement. The One Who Causes Retardation. The First. The Last. The Obvious. The Latent. The Assembler. The Free From Need. The Supplier Of Needs To Others. The Hinderer. The Light. The Deviser. The Eternal.
Do you know of anyone who has these attributes
Old 10th September 2011, 20:31

who is "he"

Allah?
Buddha?
Haile Selassie I?
Ra?
etc etc
and how do you know its a "he" anyway...give evidence not religious mumbo jumbo

and what one of them gave you permission to talk gobble gobble in their name?