Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

What Does People Mean When They Say They Do Not Believe In God

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15th September 2010, 00:38

Jist as well it wisnae "**** me" Lachlan!
Old 15th September 2010, 07:03
Quarantined Users

That would have stopped the celibate clergy thing in its tracks eh
Old 18th September 2010, 21:56

Unhappy Hmmmmm...religion:-(

Nobel Prize winning physicist Steven Wienberg said it best and I quote... "Religion is an insult to human dignity...without it, [religion] we would have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, it takes religion"

A most memorable example of this was in 2001 when for around 2 - 3 weeks the Protestant community in a town in Northern Ireland shouted abuse, threw stones and eventually small explosive devices at 4 & 5 year old schoolgirls and their parents as they walked through their street to reach their Catholic school...this was headline news every night for weeks until it was knocked off the top spot by...September 11th!

It took the worlds single largest terrorist attack to steal the headlines from a group of people whom I'm sure in every other way were normal decent people, yet their bigotry & hatred for another religious group saw them committing acts which I'm sure must have scarred those little girls for life...it was particularly significant to me as my own elder daughter was 4 1/2 & just beginning her own school life and to see those girls, her age being subjected to such abuse every morning & afternoon was sickening & frankly beyond belief...

that is what god, religion has done since man first looked up & wondered how we came to be...then learned how to control the masses through childhood indoctrination & fear of the hereafter...anyway better stop now as this is one subject I could write about forever...& of course get nowhere

Last edited by arty71; 18th September 2010 at 21:58. Reason: forgot a bit
Old 19th September 2010, 14:34

"Babz"

Babz: The word . “Spam” Mean: “Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.”
If you found my posting to be spam, you should have remove the topic and the Url. You did it out of hate for Christianity and God.
Therefore , By the authority invested in me by the Church and by Jesus Christ. I remove you from Scotland .Com. and I also remove your fingers, and it all must come to pass this year, or else I am not a man of God.
Old 19th September 2010, 14:53
Quarantined Users

fruit cake anyone ?
Old 19th September 2010, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJames View Post
Babz: The word . “Spam” Mean: “Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.”
If you found my posting to be spam, you should have remove the topic and the Url. You did it out of hate for Christianity and God.
Therefore , By the authority invested in me by the Church and by Jesus Christ. I remove you from Scotland .Com. and I also remove your fingers, and it all must come to pass this year, or else I am not a man of God.
Friendly sort, aren't you? Couldn't you go and find a religion that suggests being a bit nice to people? One that might suggest that you love thy neighbour as thyself? Oh, but's it's funny to see the sheer nastiness of you men of god. What's next? A bit of smiting? Plagues of flies and frogs and boils? Burning at the stake?

Guess what? I'm pretty sure Babz' fingers will be just fine and safe from your nasty criminal threats. I could , of course, edit out your horrible remarks, but it's more entertaining to watch you put people off your weird religion. By the way, Matthew, chapters 6, verses 5 and 6 might be worthwhile reading for you. The bit about going in to your closet and locking the door sounds like something you should try. Matthew does not specify but I tend to think this closet might require padded walls.
Old 19th September 2010, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duthill View Post
fruit cake anyone ?
Ooh yes! With extra nuts.