Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Broken Britain

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27th February 2010, 22:37

I have to say I think it's a disgrace that some pillock has subjected Crofter to personal abuse and threats of violence. Standards on this board are slipping- it's only a week ago that Admin had to deal with a racist troll and I think that's a first for this forum. Like Wullie I'm surprised to learn JC is female. I knew Crofter wasn't a man but given some of the testosterone responses JC has given me I assumed she was a bloke

- Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 28th February 2010, 18:46

I know guys... surprise surprise... it's a GIRL! lol Sorry for the late reply... I was backpacking this weekend... and just unloaded my gear... I'll have to check the posts and see what I'm missing.

Am I not a chick because I don't veil my messages and expect you guys to read my mind? (I don't care where we eat... where ever you want is fine *thinking he best say Ted Montana's*) <-- don't you guys hate when girls do that?!

Makes me wonder how I come off on these boards... just as an FYI... I'm low drama (do love good debates though), extremely active (backpacking, hiking, kayaing) love physical contact sports... and I meet my friends at the bar after work for a few beers... an added bonus... some even say I'm cute... don't know about that... but I am charming to boot.

Willie.. as to posting intention.. I don't goad ppl unless I think they're tr$lling or something... I try to shoot straight. I'm not big on creating conflict just to have conflict... too much drama. Ghillies, dear willie, are Scottish dance shoes... used for Highland dance/SCD.. well, when I go to a dance.. I'm usually wearing these nice peep toe sling back heels (make the calves look great).. like I'm going out for a night on the town... only to arrive and take those killer shoes off... and slip into some ghillies... now that's HOT! I personally prefer the Braemar...

Dance Shoes from Highland X Press

Andy... duck and weave duck and weave...

It's not about testosterone... it's about a lack of BS. No guessing... I tell ya what I think... maybe that's why I was so popular my last stint in Scotland... but then again... could have been the ghillies.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:10

JC, thanks for the shoe thing, I actually know a guy called Willie the Ghillie! how are you at the Schottische? (my fav') were you at the "Jiggin" when you were over here? Now what might Trolling be? there's the question.
wullie m.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:18

Willie the Ghillie... how horrible! It's definitely a shoe. Now the Schottische... I like to call that the Highland Succatash... I have a tendency to rename dance steps, sets, dances as I see fit. I will say that I was a lot better at it before I busted my hip. Usually it's not the single dance step that gets ya... it's what comes before/after it... and how fast you have to get there!

I didn't actually dance while I was over there. I was only there for a short while with some friends. I may check it out for this summer... and once I get over there... I will be frequenting the dance halls for sure... watch out!

That is definitely the question... I guess it's a matter of opinion at the end of the day.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromGA View Post
Willie the Ghillie... how horrible! It's definitely a shoe. Now the Schottische... I like to call that the Highland Succatash... I have a tendency to rename dance steps, sets, dances as I see fit.
I believe the Dashing White Detergent and Strip the Widow are also very popular.