Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Fasting: The back door to the soul

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2004, 16:00

Quote:
Originally posted by blessed11
SR How old are you? From your posts lately, I guess maybe 12 or 13.............
Well, I like girls a couple of years younger than me...
Old 3rd November 2004, 20:08

YOU WISH!!!
Old 5th November 2004, 01:25

To Blessed11,

I really appreicate your understanding and respest, which I do not experience a lot here...Not complaining by any means, otherwise I'd have stopped posting around long time ago...I'm actually praising positive attitudes...

As for Politics, it's something I watch closely..but I'm not very sure it's one of those things that I can change directly...However, I'd only count on the Creator and myself (not very sure about the latter, but trying)...things bigger than us to handle are tests to be confronted and to be dealt with wisely and faithfully...

There could be some pain because of the injustice caused by wars on our countires...but as the Qurán says: May you hate something (that looks pparently harmful) and it's (actually) for your benifit...

The benifit could in re-awakening people again from their earthly nap and giving them a cause to work for and to die for...

And in Islam, pain caused to us either due to adhering to the religion or a general life problem (even sadness and worrying) would grant the pateint, uncomplaining believer a heavenly reward..!!!

This religion is very positive, and a lot of people (including Muslims) don't know that...

And what really assures to me that some of the people who claim to be athiests are actually religious is that they are: wasting their time and visiting such forums, participating with their posts, and posting replys all over the place to show their arrogant denial...

They will tell you that they are here to wake you up from that mumbo-jumbo illusion called "faith"...

but what they are doing actually is that they want you to deny that feeling that itches within themsleves that there is really a God by telling themsleves: there is no God, there is no God, there is no God, and so on so forth and they repeat it in their posts..

and they don't want others to believe (by distracting them) because they don't want others to be better than themselves...

and finally they want to make big things out of themsleves by throwing stones in still water...

Dear all,

If no one believed in the unseen, you'd have never seen then achievers, scientists, athletes, and all sorts of successful people...what they all have in common is faith & hope in the unseen...

They all worked hard before earning or being granted recognition, but they all had faith, determination, and HOPE...

and it's all part of something bigger....

even school exams is a little scenario of something bigger...
Old 5th November 2004, 02:21

Back to the main issue again,

Anyone tried to do some real fasting, tame hunger, feel how the poor feels, and get a new method for self-control?
Old 5th November 2004, 15:56

Quote:
Originally posted by khaledx76
Anyone tried to do some real fasting, tame hunger, feel how the poor feels, and get a new method for self-control?
Yes, great fun isn't it?

Remember fasting makes you more impressionable, and also can cause hallucinations in extreme cases.
Old 5th November 2004, 16:05

Quote:
Originally posted by khaledx76
Back to the main issue again,

Have you ever felt how the poor feels?Fasting won't make you feel like they do because in your mind you will always be aware that you have a choice of when to stop fasting whereas the poor don't have that choice.
Old 5th November 2004, 16:25

I think you'd need to give away all your property and clear out your bank account and move to Somalia to know how the poor feel!