Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Fasting: The back door to the soul

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th October 2004, 00:28

Ram, SR, ram. Great, we will serve it at the reception!
Old 30th October 2004, 00:37

Quote:
Originally posted by blessed11
Ram, SR, ram. Great, we will serve it at the reception!
How much ram do you have on your computer?
Old 30th October 2004, 14:08

Hi Again,

I'd wonder how many times that people (in this forum) used the same excuse to deny all the positive things about Islam.

Well, the moderators here don't like discussing this issue. However, i'll put your mind at rest so as not to have it as an (orientalist) excuse anymore:

1- Tha marital agreement took place at 9, but Aisha moved to the prophet's house few years later.

2- Someone has already proposed to her earlier, which was normal to that period.

3- The athiests of Mecca (so similar to the ones today) wouldn't have saved this as an insult if it really was abnormal, but they didn't.

4- Aisha -may Allah be pleased with her- loved the prophet -peace be upon him- very much and passed a great portion of the prophetic heritage to the people later on as she would have memorized a lot because of her young age.

A more detailed article expalins it here and outlines other major reasons behind this marriage and the circumstances it took place in:

Addressing Misconceptions about Prophet’s Marriage to `Aisha

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/eng...hFatwaID=63495

note: there is a technical mistake about the 21 year thing. this, however, shouldn't demoralize the whole article.

Old 30th October 2004, 16:21

Back to some other issues:

All the prophets -peace & blessings beupon them all- had their revelations from the same God to deliver the same message: the submission to Allah.

This would be understood from the following verses that concluded the ones that preceeded them (which discuseed prophets known in the Torah, Bible and Qurán) in the same chapter:

92. Verily, this brotherhood of yours is a single brotherhood, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore serve Me (and no other).

93. But (later generations) cut off their affair (of unity), one from another: (yet) will they all return to Us.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/02106.htm

You can never find an insult in the Qurán to any of the prophets, nothing but appreciation and praise, and explanation of their stories and messages.

taken from the "Christ in Islam" book by Rev. James Robson [1929]:

WHEN Mohammad established Islâm in Arabia he insisted that he was not proclaiming a new religion, for he believed that all the prophets who preceded him had brought the same message. From time to time God had sent prophets and had revealed His will in sacred books; but men were rebellious, and so it was necessary for Him periodically to send a new prophet to lead them back to the truth. Mohammad had no sense of any gradual development in the knowledge of God, for he held that a knowledge of the true religion had been given to man from the beginning. The reason why God needed to send prophets with fresh revelations was because men had fallen away from the truth and required to be called back to it. Thus men like Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and himself had all the same task set before them, and none of them was essentially different from any other. God might authorise one to abrogate certain practices which had been commanded by a predecessor, but in essential matters they were all engaged in the same task, which was to proclaim the unity of God and summon men to worship Him alone.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/cii/...m#INTRODUCTION

- This concludes that we should never mix between gurus who abuse their positions in a particular pagan or athiest sect and the Prophets who suffered a lot to convey God's message with great patience, tolerance, and wisdom.

Even in Islam, there are a lot of sects that deviated from the mainstream, and they, and their leaders, shouldn't be considered for representatives.

- I know that some would understand religion as a way to give their ill-mannered behaviour a legitmate reason, or would understand that: I could be a religious person only by being motivated to offend an enemy or an opponent. So if this enemy doesn't exist anymore, my religion wouldn't exist too. And this is a misconception and it's basically how you really understand religion and take it.

Old 31st October 2004, 17:37

I think it's disgusting that a girl spends all of nine years UNMARRIED. What is the world coming to? Nine years? Disgraceful.

They should be married off as soon as they're house trained, and broken in not long after.
Old 1st November 2004, 02:40

khaledx76 You are really teaching me a great deal about your faith, and I really appreciate the effort. Thank you!!! You know the election here is only 2 days away, and I hope those who have caused Islam so much pain don't have the opportunity to continue doing so. From the bottom on my heart my friend, I am truly sorry!!!
Old 1st November 2004, 02:41

SR How old are you? From your posts lately, I guess maybe 12 or 13.............