Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Lesson #1 for Kelly

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11th August 2002, 22:22

You have any advice on blocking Saff

I tend to use avoidance but I can't always do that. I also use time alone to recharge. I could certainly use some other strategies if you have any.

I don't think paying forward requires much more than just doing it.
Old 11th August 2002, 23:33

Hello Mamie.

Just stepped over from ".c'mon'in", the "Do you believe in luck" thread.
Yes my friend. I am a Christian. I also wish i was a better one. And, No my friend, you did not offend me and if'n ya did yes i would forgive u. That's kinda like breathing donchaknow. How can ya inhale w/out exhaling? How can ya forgive w/out being forgiving. It's a round world ya know and i figured that's kinda how things work.

To all u ladies, i've read this whole thread and i've come to the conclusion that y'all er gettin deeper than Arne Sachnussen ever thought of gettin. So i think i'll just read, pay attention & learn.
When i come up with a question worth askin or sumptin 2 say, i'll jump right in.
Carry on.
Q.K.
Old 11th August 2002, 23:57

any questions anytime Qk

Deep are we getting deep - hmmm I suppose
Old 12th August 2002, 01:44

profound, that's the word

I found the book! Yay! Took my daughter and a friend to the mall and headed straight for the bookstore. Couldn't find it and finally had to ask. You should've seen the look on that man's face. He didn't even have to look it up though, I just told him the title and he said, "Right over here." Then, this is funny, he stood there and stared at me while I read the first chapter. Never took his eyes off of me the whole time. I just kept readin' away and then walked up to the front and paid. The girls wanted to get a bite to eat and I read while they munched. FASCINATING...the whole idea of the First Insight...THAT IS SO WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW...

OMG, Saph, I hope you bother to read all of this drivel, but I have to tell you the story of how I ended up on this board and then in Scotland! I belong to the IRA (NOT the IRA, but the International Reading Association) and they have meetings a lot ~ usually nationally as it is primarily a US organization. This year, and this is the first year I have seen such a notice, I got a flyer on the World Congress in Edinburgh. Now I have been a member forever and have never received a notice (that I consciously remember/read), but there it was staring me right in the face. Really ironic since I have this serious preoccupation with Loch Ness...started way back with my dad and that is a whole nother story. Anyways, I thought perfect "excuse" to put my butt on a plane and go to the place. Next came s.com to research the area and eventually I'm there! All of it fell into place as if it was completely and totally guided ~ a genuine mysterious coincidence, I would say!!! Needless to say, I have been extraordinarily distressed and am seriously questioning my life as it is.........

nuff blathering for now...can't wait to read the next few chapters...could be a long night!
Old 12th August 2002, 01:52

there are no coincidences

Hmm that sound like a contradiction with FATE. But anyway.

Some choice you made has resulted in this even if you were not entirely concious of it.

I guess I better get my butt over to the Library to get the book.
Old 12th August 2002, 02:16

merely...

a word, I would suspect. Especially since these so called coincedences lead directly to what the book calls a 2nd Insight. This seems like an awareness of a choice and its consequence which leads us down another road....i think it feels like a mysterious coincidence (book's word, not mine) since there is jolting awareness afterwards. But...holding my tongue here until I read a bit more...no need to talk about what I haven't processed completely or even partially! lol
Old 12th August 2002, 02:19

Process away then

words are such lies sometimes. But.... no more until you finish the book.