Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Pets

Notices

Elderly kitty very sick

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th August 2010, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMos View Post
Paddles passed quietly this morning at the vet's office. I thank you for the kindness and comfort you've given me during this difficult time.
Hi Lisa, I'm truly sorry for your loss. It's amazing how these furry creatures can enrich our lives, and how much we miss them when they're gone. I believe you made the right choice and no doubt Paddles felt your loving concern right to the end - animals are very perceptive that way.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMos View Post
Paddles passed quietly this morning at the vet's office. I thank you for the kindness and comfort you've given me during this difficult time.

Sorry to hear your news but you know deep down the suffering has ended for Paddles.
I know you will be hurting like hell now but the hurt will slowly fade and turn to happy memories.

If you have brought him home to bury him like I did with my cats it does help in the greiving process.
If not you can find a special place and maybe plant a shrub or flowers for him and go talk to it when
you feel at a loss.

Old 11th August 2010, 00:18

Oh, I am so sorry. But he passed peacefully and you can take comfort in that, I hope. Very sorry. One cat I had also gave up on eating and even drinking water, no matter how special and tempting the food I gave.

But you will have good memories. I liked the bit about the cat being bossy about your sleeping and waking. How very true!
Old 11th August 2010, 07:09

Thanks for all your kind and comforting words. I just got off the phone with my mother. We traded funny cat stories. She believes tears of laughter heal grief better than tears of sadness. (She's always been smarter than me, but don't tell her I said that

I remembered that Paddles would not allow me to wear ear plugs of any kind. I used to use them to sleep because it was noisy outside our apartment in the mornings.

He would snuffle loudly at my ear, and pluck the ear plug out with his teeth. When I rolled over, he'd get the other one. Then he'd take them in the kitchen and bat them under the fridge so I couldn't get them back.

He relieved me of a dozen pairs before I gave up trying. His reason for doing that was unknowable, due to the inscrutability of cats, but I still wonder why no ear plugs were allowed.

Thank you again.