Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Pets

Notices

Meet Callie

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th July 2010, 22:52
Super Moderator

Meet Callie

On Monday we got a kitten, as you will see she is another Torteshell(Calico).

She was born around 29th May and we decided to call her Callie.

Unlike Dribz and Tia she will not be venturing outside at all.

Some may say that is cruel, after the heartache over Tia and finding out by accident(Jim was
telling his brother)he could see that Tia had been shot in the head when the RSPCA man returned
her body to us and he buried her...I won't risk another animal being killed in a despicable way...whoever
did it wants hanging or worse !!!!

Anyway life in this house is going to get better with a kitten to run around after...she is very
timid just now but I bet she won't be in a couple of weeks !!
Old 29th July 2010, 13:23

She's a very cute Callie!!

Tia was SHOT? Hell, that is terrible. The whole thing was very sad, but I thought she had been accidentally run over by a car or something. Not deliberately shot by some nasty evildoer.

It is not cruel to keep her indoors. Not at all. It might be if she had been someone's outdoors cat for years beforehand, but this kitten won't know any differently. Of course, you might have an obligation to spend a lot of time playing with her. Oh, what a tedious chore. Not fun at all. Hey, you could redecorate your living room like this:

I'm betting it will be in a lot less than "a couple of weeks" that she stops being timid. I hope you have loads of fun with her. Of course, it is possible to train a cat to walk outdoors with you on a lead. Heheh, you could have a fun time trying that, Babz!
Old 29th July 2010, 19:05

I hate cats.

Cats are for chicks.

Still, I love your photo Celyn.

Woof!
Old 29th July 2010, 19:08

I just showed the Babz pic to my kids and they went : "Ooooohhh! it's cute cute cute!".

Ah well, I guess I won't do away with the two cats that inhabit my home after all...
Old 1st August 2010, 22:59
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saorsa1 View Post
I just showed the Babz pic to my kids and they went : "Ooooohhh! it's cute cute cute!".

Ah well, I guess I won't do away with the two cats that inhabit my home after all...

Your kids are right she is cute...this chick is glad she has her

Celyn...don't think Jim would appreciate me putting all those walkways as we only decorated the livingroom last month
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:20
Super Moderator

Bad News

This morning at 7.30 Callie went to kitty heaven

She had problems with her hips and legs, we thought it was because she was so tiny that she
struggled walking but at the vets last Thurs the vet said it seemed as if it was hereditary and
she would not walk well all her life...fine we thought that is no problem.

Whilst there I asked the vet about what seemed to be a wart on her leg....no wart but a TICK
...she had 2 of them and one was fully gorged, so how long it had been there we can only
guess(tics can cause Lymes Disease)

I know that Lyme's can kill even deer.
The Culligran Estate near Inverness lost a stag that they bought in due to TICK's !!

They can also cause various illnesses if not treated A.S.A.P.

Anyway the vet gave Callie an injection and asked we take her back this afternoon.

Well at 10 to 5 this morning I was woken by Callie screaming in pain, she was having what seemed
like a continual fit...will not go into description !!

After spending what seemed hours trying to calm her and make sure she was comfy I rang the
emergency vet and the outcome was we took her to the vets(who was busy even that early
in the morning(different one to last week)

He could do nothing for her as he said she had gone past help, we knew that !!

What he did say shocked me....with all her problems it looked as if Callie had no chance as the
symptoms she had been showing since we got her were relevant to her mum having one of her
siblings or offsprings litter !!

There were other kittens from the same litter so when I go over to my daughters I will inform
the family we got her from as I am sure that they will be as shocked as I was with that last bit of
info...no I don't have their phone number, I actually think telling them in person would be better !

Anyway Callie is at peace and if anyone see's what looks like a wart on their pet please get it
checked out, it hopefully will be nothing..

Old 2nd August 2010, 18:25

Oh, that's horrible. I'm so sorry, Babz.