Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Pets

Notices

M. Dylan is sickies

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th January 2010, 02:40

M. Dylan is sickies

My cat Mathew Dylan (my mom named him) is having the fits, and Im not just talking about being snubby about what he east, no he's having sneezing fits. playing Mario Golf when he came into the room and sat on the leg rest. He seemed fine at first, then started to sneeze. After he sneezed five times he started cleaning his face when all of the sudden he started sneezing and continued to try and clean his face, this lasted for five minutes and I got worried for him.

I've had cats before, and have dealt with sickness before as well. Some odd years ago when I was a kid my sister's cat got heat stroke and instead of going outside to play I stayed in and made sure she drank watered down chicken stock. (I didn't know if this was the right thing to do but my mom told me to do it) referring back to that and of what I usually do when I'm sick, I made him some beef stock, set it down, but he refused to drink it.

Dylan has been sick before, he's had an absesst(sp?) in his left front leg near his shoulder, which he took care of himself, although its healed he doesn't like that arm touched. But now he's sick again and has these fits every so often.

Any ideas that I could do to help him out or should I lhim take care of it himself, as he usually does?
Old 12th January 2010, 15:05
Super Moderator

It could be something simple like dust in the nasal cavity or something serious...we just can't
advise you on what could be wrong !!

You really need to get the cat to the Vets...I would also get
the leg checked too.
Old 13th January 2010, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babz View Post

It could be something simple like dust in the nasal cavity or something serious...we just can't
advise you on what could be wrong !!

You really need to get the cat to the Vets...I would also get
the leg checked too.
Thanks. I have another question as well, is it possible for cats to get sick from people?
Old 13th January 2010, 21:30

the sneezing could very well be allergies. Some cats can be allergic to the contents of their food, shampoo, and even something household like drywall dust (I know this one from experience!) Defintely see a vet! Also in Iowa a cat got H1N1 (Swine flu) from a human. I don't know how prevelant H1N1 is in the UK but its possible. Hope this helps...
Old 14th January 2010, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya.bailey View Post
the sneezing could very well be allergies. Some cats can be allergic to the contents of their food, shampoo, and even something household like drywall dust (I know this one from experience!) Defintely see a vet! Also in Iowa a cat got H1N1 (Swine flu) from a human. I don't know how prevelant H1N1 is in the UK but its possible. Hope this helps...
I heard about that, its like the dogs from the movie I am Legend, And yes it did help, Dylan is getting better, though I haven't taken him to the vet, he seems to want to be outside and left alone. Just the same as he used to be, I got a little worried there, but thanks to everyone for all the help.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:41

From one animal lover to another, you're welcome!