Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Pets

Notices

Here is a picture of my beloved DOG Borges...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st May 2005, 22:58

Wink

Yes folks he LOOKS EXACTLY like this:

Is it any wonder he is super ADORED by my husband and I. He wins prizes and did photos for local pet stores. He is sweet and loving and full of energy. Even at eight years of age. I keep him well brushed and groomed and he does dominate the couch at home and asks for 'love' all the time. Such loving big brown eyes he has too.

The groomer's bill though is hefty for OES dogs. Consider that before adopting them.
“I have learned that you can win the battle over the most powerful of nations, the United States, if you have the moral force behind you.” — Rubén Berríos (about his transforming experience after the sacrifices he had to make for the Navy-Vieques protests)
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:04

Beautiful dog!
Old 6th May 2005, 16:15

GORGEOUS dog!! He seems SO ALERT---I'd hate to be on his 'hunt' list!
Old 9th May 2005, 20:51

He's Cute!!!
Old 10th May 2005, 00:44

Interesting breed.

How can they see? It looks like their eyes are covered in fur.
Old 12th May 2005, 22:29

Question Personal preferences of Borges

I tried pulling the hair out of his eyes with a pony tail holder but he would run around in circles till it came off. Then I tried barettes. But everyone thought he was a female dog, and my husband thought that was an offense to his masculinity. Lol!! Like a dog knows about human gender symbols? Lol. Finally I trim so he can see easily.

He loves salmon. I think he would adore Scotland. Cool weather, green rolling hills, sheep, and smoked salmon to eat!

He obeys our commands in Spanish and English. People get a kick out of that. Completely bilingual dog. Though I try French on him, and my husband tries Mandarin Chinese too. But since Spanish we use 90% of the time with him, he obeys, "Sientate", "Fuera", 'abajo', 'arriba', 'basta!', "Despues", "Tranquilo", "Ven!" "Vete" "Quieto". LOL, he is a riot of fun. And his name is in Spanish though he is an Old English Sheepdog. When he was a pup, about five or six months old we barbecued in our backyard and it was a small low to the ground grill. My husband cooked all kinds of stuff on there, and everything was fine. Finally he threw a salmon on the fire and when my husband went to get it off the grill he found nothing. Just fishbones in the middle of the yard. Borges had stolen the most expensive piece of fish we had grilled. Over the years, we realize it is easy for him to obey and be good with almost everything except three items which tests his willpower as a canine beyond the beyond. Borges can't help disobeying and attempting to steal three items: Salmon, Dutch cheese, and dried mediterrean apricots. He resists but begs to have chicken, bacon, beef, pork, cookies and butter derived things. But he doesn't go wild and get sneaky and uses absolutely subversive tactics to gain the 'prize' for only the three ones. Mediterrean dried apricots, salmon and Dutch cheese. He even banged his head against the door way when he realized my husband had opened a bag of apricots that he smelled. And he opened a bag of groceries, and spilled the cans and the bread and everything until he got to the salmon that was at the bottom, and unwrapped the piece of salmon in the car and ate it whole again, when my husband was unthinking and left him unsupervised in the car alone with the salmon. I scolded my husband and told him, "You know Borges can't take it. He is such a good dog, and obeys so well. But you can't tempt him the salmon, dutch cheese and dried apricots. That is when he loses his saintly status. Sin takes over. HAHA. True story." I told my husand, don't leave him alone ever with any of those three items, and then my husband went in to another store to buy some produce. Borgito is a maniac for those things. I wonder why?

He also likes Lucho Gatica. Who knew? An old Chilean singer from the olden days? I mean, who knew? he perks up every time he hears "La Barca".
“I have learned that you can win the battle over the most powerful of nations, the United States, if you have the moral force behind you.” — Rubén Berríos (about his transforming experience after the sacrifices he had to make for the Navy-Vieques protests)
Old 13th May 2005, 21:45

Quien sabes? El perro es un romantico!! He's beautiful, PRGirl.