Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

hello

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6th December 2011, 18:46

Thumbs up hello

any one up for chatting with 41 yr old 6 "1 true highlander just joined so thought id make some new freinds
Old 27th December 2011, 20:07

Hello Highlander

Well, I see no replies to your polite query, so Hello from America! (New Mexico, which is indeed a state in the USA). Where do you live? Western Highlands, I see, but where? I've been to the Ft William area a couple of times, taken the train to Mallaig and Oban, ferries to Skye & smaller islands. Gorgeous in summer. . .probably brutally cold in winter? I hear you have had a really bad winter so far, lots of snow and car accidents reported on news. Hope you stay safe through the holidays. We had a storm last week that left a blanket of snow on the mountains, but with temps in 40's F, all melted below. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 9th January 2012, 19:55

Smile hello cookie

hello and thanks for replying i see youve been to fort william im a little further north a little fishing village called ullapooll its a lovely place the gate way to the outer hebrideas is new mexico a nice place it sounds it its kinda cold here just now with the snow on the mountains about 2 degrees well im off for some food hope to hear from u again sorry i took my time in answering ive not really been on the computer since christmas take care for now cookie
Old 9th January 2012, 20:59

I've been to Ullapool while traveling to and from Lewis. Lovely place!!!
Old 9th January 2012, 21:27

Smile hi

yes it is a lovely place jc with lots to do it has all the amenities of towns much bigger but keeping its highland charm it gets a lot of touirists in the summer months as you have been to lewis youl know the scenery is fantastic theres a lot of nice folk here too with it being a small comunity most people know each other its quite vibrant in the summer months if your here on a thursday youl see the local pipe band doing a show from the ferry car park hope your having a nice evening
Old 10th January 2012, 06:11

Yeah I was staying with friends... The only houses close were james', his brother, and mother

Lewis was beautiful and the weather was quite warm... Only disappointing thing was I missed seeing Manran play by just a day or two!!! Maybe next time...
Old 10th January 2012, 18:04

Smile Ft William & New Mexico

Hello True Highlander!

[i see youve been to fort william im a little further north a little fishing village called ullapooll its a lovely place the gate way to the outer hebrideas]

[i][b]Yes, I stayed in Ft William at the Glenaladale Bed & Breakfast, Achintore Rd. for a week in late June. . .it was gorgeous. Great pubs down the street, perfect place to stay while exploring the west coastal area and of course, Glencoe which is one of the prettiest spots on the planet in my opinion. We took the CalMac over to Skye and the smaller islands, but next time I want to see the outer Hebrides. I really liked Inverness too.

[ is new mexico a nice place it sounds it its kinda cold here just now with the snow on the mountains ][/quote]

About New Mexico. . . not a bad place to live. Temps are moderate compared to other parts of the country, not too hot, not too cold. We get snow on the mountains but the city of Albuquerque sits at the edge of a desert below the Sandia mountains and the snow rarely sticks around for more than a few days before melting. If you want to ski or snow board, it's a tram ride away. Otherwise, hiking and biking are done year round. We have a rich Hispanic culture dating back to the 1600s when the Spanish came through New Mexico in search of the "Cities of Gold". . . the native peoples (Tewa tribes, basically peaceful farmers/hunters) have been here for thousands of years and their artwork, pottery, cliff dwellings and other artifacts have been carefully preserved.

If you want to email me, my address is cababq@gmail.com

Best,
Cynthia